In the digital age of today, multimedia is king. Whether it’s for entertainment, marketing, or educational purposes, we depend on this type of content more than we realize. However, to ensure that the media remains as accessible to an international audience as it is with local viewers, it’s essential to include transcripts and captions to fully translate the content. Through audiovisual translation solutions, you’ll have the opportunity not only to reach more people but keep them engaged too. And in this guide, we’ll talk about everything you need to know about audiovisual translations.
What’s Audiovisual Translation?
As the name suggests, audiovisual translation or AVT is a term that refers to the transcription or interpretation of a language into another within products or works that are audiovisual in nature. While many associate it with media subtitlings like films, theatrical plays, and television programs, it’s also commonly used in learning resources and marketing materials. Some of the most notable characteristics that describe what it’s all about are the following:
- This characteristic symbolizes what is essentially spontaneous and natural dialogue. It may appear simple, but it’s far from it. The context that one person may easily understand may not be the same for another. It is for this reason that the professional translator must have a general understanding of the cultural knowledge from where the media to be translated is from.
- Changing Registers. Another way in which audiovisual translations are characterized is through changing registers. When you get right down to it, translators rarely work with well-defined topics – they’re often confronted with many different registers. Because of this, most professionals in the trade tend to have a broad knowledge of various subjects.
Benefits of Audiovisual Translation
There are many ways in which it can be advantageous to secure audiovisual translation services for your multimedia content. And listed below are some of the benefits that you can reap by doing so.
- It can improve your Rankings. The popularity of multimedia content might be at an all-time high, but elevating visibility for content can be a colossal task. With the sheer number of videos online, it’s not easy to stand out. However, through audiovisual translations, you’ll allow your media to be a lot more searchable than it is by improving its SEO, and ultimately make it easier to be discovered by the target audience.
- It will Help you Reach a Broader Audience. English might be the largest language in the world. However, that doesn’t mean all non-native speakers will be able to understand the content of your media. But with audiovisual translations, you’ll ensure that your intended viewers will be able to have a good grasp of your content.
- It Promotes Better Engagement. When all’s said and done, multimedia with audiovisual translations are much more engaging than those without. After all, it makes the content much easier to follow and comprehend. And the higher engagement will work well with the algorithms that power many search engines and elevate their views as a result.
It’s easy to see why an increasing amount of multimedia content is beginning to make use of audiovisual translations. Beyond giving content creators and brands the ability to reach their intended viewers, it also improves engagement with the content too. So if you’re still not using it, make sure that you do.