You might be well aware that recording games, and dropping it on an online platform like YouTube or FB are a widespread practice for game lovers. So, in this Best Game Recording Software article, we have listed some of the top most software, which is both paid and free. This software will allow you to record games at your will and save it on your memory.
[Top 10] Best Game Recording Software (Free & Paid)
Below are the listed top 5 free Best Game Recording Software and also the top 5 paid game recording software, which is both separated as Free & Paid and you can choose the best one among them which suits you the most.
(Top 5) Free Best Game Recording Software
You can also read:
- [EASY GUIDES] Apple Keynote for Windows (.Key) PC (Methods)
- (GUIDE) What is, How to Enable & Get New YouTube Material Design
- (GUiDE) Top Best PS3 Emulator for PC Download Free (Full Versions)
- [FIXED] YouTube Black Screen with Sound Browser Background Error Issue
- [FiXED] How to Disable Xbox DVR on Windows 10 O.S. (Operating System) PC
Here is the list of top 5 free Best Game Recording Software. Being free there is a con of having little features, but they are good for amateurs to fiddle with numerous tweak before going for a paid version. Never the less, these softwares do have some nice plus points that will surely make you like them. Also note that some of the below-mentioned Best Game Recording Software has a paid version or upgrade, which have few added pro features.
1. Nvidia ShadowPlay:
When it comes to greatest GPU’s Nvidia is one you don’t forget. Well, don’t be surprised as they also have a Best Game Recording Software which is free of cost and you can use it to record it up to 4K with at 60 frames per second. It is not just limited to recording your game; you can customize it, instant replay and share it on any social media. With ShadowPlay you can broadcast it to any of the live streaming websites like Facebook, twitch, and YouTube, etc.
- 4K recording at 60 frames per second
- No watermarks
- Customization, broadcast to any social platform
- GPU encoded
- All games supported
- Little or no effect on game performance
- Not support for computer with different graphics card other than Nvidia
- Support for GeForce GTX 650 and above (notebook GPU not supported)
- 20 minutes of recording in shadow mode.
- Length limit of 3.8 GB for windows 7 (unlimited length for windows 8)
- Slow performance for windows 7
If you use Nvidia Graphics card and have GTX 650 or above, then you can use it very efficiently. Fundamental keys to operate. Though some editing tools are missing, at its stand point of being free, it is one of the Best Game Recording Software, which you can go for it.
2. Icecream Screen Recorder:
Extremely simple screen recorder to use available. Although free, there is no watermark and time limit in. Record at 1080p without any problem. Has limited editing tools but is enough for average users. You can also assign different hot keys for the different task for easy use. Control your recording time with timer even if you are not present in front of your PC. If you want more editing tools, you can buy the pro version.
- Screen shot as well as recording
- No watermark
- No time limits
- Limited editing tools [Editing tools are available for purchase]
One of the best free available screen recording tool & the Best Game Recording Software, with no watermark or time limit, which makes it best in this class. If you are heavily into editing your video.
3. iSpring Cam Recorder:
iSpring cam recorder is one of the best cam recorders among the Best Game Recording Software category. Straightforward, straight forward tools to record and edit videos. The picture and audio quality of the video is an exception. Enough features to record and edit video but some functionality is blocked and is available you buy the pro version. But the available functionality is sufficient for you to register the video.
- Easy to use
- Audio and Video is of good quality
- Built in editor
- Direct upload option to YouTube
- Less functionality available (pro version unlocks other functionality)
Very simple. No trouble to record, edit and upload video. Excellent audio and video quality in the export video considering it is free which is a big bonus. Although, some functions are blocked for pro version. But, the available functionality is enough to make a decent recording and editing a video.
4. Atomi ActivePresenter:
Supports both Windows and Mac OS is free screen recorder & the Best Game Recording Software. Whether you take a screenshot or record your screen, it gives a crystal-clear output. Edit the video with available tools. You can export in different file formats and store it in your computer.
- No watermark
- No time limits
- No adware
- Available for both windows OS and Mac OS
- Some tools are removed and are available in paid version
- Cannot upload directly from the application to any social site like YouTube and others. (You can save it and then upload separately)
One of the Best Game Recording Software in its categories. You can use it to take a screenshot as well as record the screen. Make it look artistic with built-in editorial tools. Some tools are absent (made available in paid version) but it enough with available tools.
5. OBS Studio:
No one on our list is the OBS studio. It’s free and open source. At first, it might look complicated, but with use, you will become familiar with it. You can live stream as well as record video. You can record at 60 frames per second (fps) or more.
- Free and open source
- A free live streaming
- Record at 60 fps
- Complex interface
- No support on how to use it
Best Game Recording Software. It’s completely free so that you won’t get any compromise. At first, it might seem complicated but once you get used to you won’t regret. Built especially for gamers who want to record their games playing at high-speed or if they want to stream live. OBS Studio is the best and powerful Best Game Recording Software in our list.
(Top 5) Paid Best Game Recording Software
Here is the list of top 5 paid Best Game Recording Software. Which is based on the pros and cons they have. If you are not familiar with these type of software, then it’s wise to download their trial version and use it before paying for the pro version.
1. SmartPixel Pro:
SmartPixel pro is good Best Game Recording Software. It Supports multiple operating systems like windows, IOS, and others. Simple controls and record both screen and through webcams. Export videos are bit pixellated but are overall good. Edit and share it with any social site with ease.
- Edit, screen record, and webcam recording
- Controls are easy to learn and use them
- Support in Windows, IOS, and Android
- Pixelation and hesitation in exported video
- Does not allows you to adjust audio
- Zoom in and out of frame is not possible
SmartPixel pro is an excellent choice for your Best Game Recording Software, its control is not straightforward, but with practice, it will come into grasp. It supports all formats of operating systems like windows, IOS, and even Android. The video result is not as good as given by other Best Game Recording Software but it does the work needed by most users. It’s also a free version which you can use to try it out.
2. XSplit Gamecaster:
Supports both live streaming and recording video but has limited recording and editing tools as this application focuses primarily on live streaming in sites like twitch and other live streaming sites. Have a lot of technical support in case you face any problems.
- Built in tools for online streaming
- Cannot change frame rate
- Slightly decrease in-game performance
- Limited editing tools
Built mainly for streaming live on a social site like a twitch, but it does support editing and storing the file in the memory. Its average compare to other Best Game Recording Software but is suitable for streaming online.
Screencast-o-Matic is created for games who record their reaction through webcam while recording during the gameplay. When you use the paid version, you get a lot of editing tools which helps professional to make pro videos.
- Screen recording, webcam recording or both together
- Unlimited recording
- No ads
- Paid version gives you access to use for commercial purpose
- Computer recording is only available for windows OS with windows vista or later OS
Screencast o Matic is good Best Game Recording Software for games who want to record their PC screen as well as to show their reaction through a webcam at the same time. Unlimited download with access to upload in google drive, drop box and others is really a useful
Snagit is a simple yet powerful Best Game Recording Software application. Starting from adding captions, to inserting details to a video, to resizing or magnifying any clip of your recording. this application is one stop for both recording and editing the video. All your past record at one stop, so you can access them directly at a given place.
- Add Captions
- Make GIFs
- Record extensive scrolling
- Built in cloud support
- Best editing tools
- No revert back in image
Despite being expensive, it has some of the best features in its price range. This Best Game Recording Software is not limited to game recording but can be used for recording any program. It has useful editing tools to attach a professional touch which will surely make your video exceptional.
Another Techsmith developed Best Game Recording Software, Camtasia is the paid Best Game Recording Software in our list. It comes with 30 days trial, which you can use it to test whether you like it or not but it prevents the video produced in trial version to use for commercial purpose. This application comes with all the editing tools you can dream of in Best Game Recording Software. You can even record it on your phone and transfer it to your pc for recording.
- Green screen effect
- Built in Google drive upload
- Multiple OS supported and transfer
- Professional editing tools
- Generate dynamic video, with clickable link
- Very expensive
The Best Game Recording Software in your list. Though, it is expensive. It is straightforward and minimalistic and does your work by just simple click. With features like green screen effect, compelling video generates and also edit other imported videos and export HD quality video is the ultimate software for any gamer.
This list is precisely based on how they worked, free or paid and based on our experience. If you want to try, these applications go for the free or trial version of these and then if you like it, buy it. If you liked any of the Best Game Recording Software from here than do share it with others.
- [SOLVED] Error Failed to Play Test Tone Windows PC Speakers Issue
- [GUIDE] How to Replace Kingroot with Supersu (Easy Methods)
- [FIXED] Unknown Address 4504 Message Not Found Android Smartphone Error
- [TiPS] Microsoft Windows Movie Maker Windows 10 Download (How-To)
- (LiST) Free Benchmark Test Windows 10 Softwares for PC [Guide]
- [FiXED] Built-In Lenovo Camera Not Working Windows PC Camera Driver Error
- [FiXED] Windows 10 Brightness not Working Windows PC Error Issue
If you are facing or getting any type of any issue while using any of the Best Game Recording Software from here than do comment it here in the below comment section. So that we can help you to fix that too from you permanently.