BROKEN PIPE Error is an error that has been seen on both Linux and Windows OS, furthermore, the error also occurs while coding. Users who have faced this issue claim that when launching or running certain programs or projects the error appears. When using the Linux the problem seems to appear while installing any package. Talking of the windows the error appears while running any visual studio project. When a program runs it triggers certain services and when these services fail to run due to certain reasons the BROKEN PIPE Error error appears. it is a type of system error, which usually occurs because of some corruption in the system file, project file, services, or the registry. In this troubleshooting guide, we will be going over some methods and tips by which you can eliminate this issue.
Causes Of BROKEN PIPE Error
Talking of the causes behind the error, there is no specific or one issue that triggers the error, there can be multiple reasons. Maybe certain service is disabled or not responding, your hard drive might have issues like bad sectors, corrupted system files, etc. While using the Linux the error appears when executing the installation command, maybe the command you are typing is not correct. Furthermore, the issue may also occur because of corrupted drivers.
- Disabled service or the service failed to respond
- Corrupted sectors of hard drive
- corrupted system files
- Outdate visual studio
- Incorrect command
Similar Types Of BROKEN PIPE Error
- Win32 io error codes
- Ioexception: win32 io returned 112
How to Fix BROKEN PIPE Error Problem Issue
Since it is a system error it becomes important to follow the right methods and steps, we will try to eliminate BROKEN PIPE Error by using the below methods .
1. Update Windows
Firstly make sure that are no major pending updates are remaining, if there are then kindly update your system. As it will replace the corrupted files with the new and healthy file.
- STEP 1. Go to the Start Menu, type Run and hit enter
- STEP 2. A small window will pop up, here type control update
- STEP 3. Now on right-click on the check for updates button
- STEP 4. If there are any pending updates, kindly finish them
2. Update Visual Studio
Since the error mostly occurs while loading, running, or opening any visual studio project this method is for the user who uses visual studio. There were some issues with a particular version of the visual studio, and there is a possibility that you are running their version too. So kindly update the visual studio to get rid of the issue.
- STEP 1. Keep all your project in a safe place on the computer, as well will first uninstall the visual studio
- STEP 2. Now open up a Run window, press Windows+R key
- STEP 3. Here type appwiz.cpl and hit enter
- STEP 4. In this new window locate the Visual Studio and right-click > Uninstall
- STEP 5. Once the installation is done, restart your system to delete all temporary files related to visual studio
- STEP 6. Now download a fresh copy of the latest version from the official website
- STEP 7. Install it and run, now load, run and open a project without error
3. Perform SFC and CHKDSK Scan
SFC and CHKDSK scans are one of the best utilities to clean the all the system errors related to corrupted system files and registries. Furthermore, if there is a hard disk issue it will also be fixed with the SFC AND CHKDSK scan.
- STEP 1. Open up a command window, and make sure to run it with administrator permissions
- STEP 2. Firstly perform an SFC scan. execute the below command to do so, the scan will take some time to finish
- STEP 3. Once SFC scan is done, perform the CHKDSK scan, execute the command below
- STEP 4. Once you execute the command nothing will happen because the scan will start once your restart your system
- STEP 5. As soon as you restart system you can see the process has been started
- STEP 6. Once the process is completed hopefully the error will also be eliminated
4. System Restore
If your is still not fixed the try system restore. It will restore your system to the last backup point.
- STEP 1. Go to Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools
- STEP 2. Here locate and click on System Restore, then click Next
- STEP 4. Now Choose your restore point then click Next
- STEP 5. Follow the on-screen instructions to finish, and the system will be restored
With this being the end of the guide on BROKEN PIPE Error, we conclude that we have given all the possible ways to eliminate this issue. We have also gone through all the causes of this issue as well.
Hopefully, your issue is fixed, for more troubleshooting guides follow us. Thank you!