DNS server not authoritative for zone is an error that occurs while using the command prompt. The error prevents the user from executing specific commands. The error also happens if you are executing the python specific commands. The issue can be critical as, in some cases, a fresh installation of the windows is the only way to eliminate the error. Talking about its causes, the error may occur due to some corruption in your hard drive, filesystem, or maybe the command program is itself corrupted. Many users have been facing this issue. So today, in the troubleshooting guide on this error. We will tell you some methods that may help you in getting rid of this error.
Table of Contents
- Causes of DNS Server Not Authoritative For Zone Error:
- Similar Types of DNS Server Not Authoritative For Zone Error:
- How to Fix DNS Server Not Authoritative For Zone Error Issue
- 1. Use PowerShell –
- 2. Run the Command Prompt from System Directory –
- 3. Performing the SFC, DISM & CHKDSK Scan –
- 4. Reinstalling the Windows –
Causes of DNS Server Not Authoritative For Zone Error:
DNS server is not authoritative for zone error can be caused due to possible corruption in your hard drive sector. The DNS Server Not Authoritative for Zone cmd error also occurs if your system files are corrupted. Furthermore, while executing the python command, the error occurs, also if your DNS settings are misconfigured, then also the error may persist.
- Hard drive corrupted
- System files are corrupted
- Commands are typed wrong
- Misconfigured DNS settings
Similar Types of DNS Server Not Authoritative For Zone Error:
- Make dns server authoritative
- Event id 20322
- The server with this ip is not authoritative for the required zone
- Server 2016
- Failed with error 9009
How to Fix DNS Server Not Authoritative For Zone Error Issue
In this section, we will go through some of the working troubleshooting methods to fix DNS Server Not Authoritative For Zone windows 10 Error. In the first method, we will tell you to use the command prompt alternative Powershell. In the second method, we will try to run the command prompt from its system directory instead of the desktop or start menu. In the third method, we will check for any possible corruption in your hard drive, system files, and boot image file. Finally, if any way doesn’t work, we will tell you about the fresh windows installation.
1. Use PowerShell –
If you are continually getting the DNS Server Not Authoritative for Zone fix error in the command prompt. You can use the best command prompt alternative that is Powershell. Powershell is a powerful shell scripting and a command-line interface that comes inbuilt in the latest version of the windows. Many of the users find it very easy to use the Powershell instead of the command prompt as compared to command prompt specific commands, PowerShell commands are much easier. So if you are doing something important and do not have to go through the other methods below, use the PowerShell tool.
2. Run the Command Prompt from System Directory –
Instead of running the command prompt from the desktop or start menu. It is suggested that you run it from its original system location. Sometimes when you run the command from desktop or any other directory, it may lose some authorization. So that you will get rid of DNS Server Not Authoritative for Zone windows 10 error.
- STEP 1. Open up Start Menu and type command prompt
- STEP 2. Now right-click on the command prompt and click on Open file location
- STEP 3. A new window will open with a bunch of different application shortcuts
- STEP 4. From there choose the cmd and open it
- STEP 5. Now try to execute commands and check if the error still appears
3. Performing the SFC, DISM & CHKDSK Scan –
In this DNS Server Not Authoritative for Zone windows 7 method, we will check and repair any potential errors on the hard drive and system files. Kindly follow each command carefully.
- STEP 1. In the Start Menu type Run and then hit Enter
- STEP 2. Now in the run box type cmd and simultaneously press Shift+Enter to open up command with administrator rights
- STEP 3. You may be asked for Permission, in that case, choose Yes
- STEP 4. Now in the command window type the following command and then hit Enter
- STEP 5. The process will take some time as it will gather the information and repair if any repairing required
- STEP 6. After that type the following command and then hit Enter
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- STEP 7. This process may also take some time
- STEP 8. Now run the following command followed by an Enter
- STEP 9. This process will also take some time like other commands
- STEP 10. Once the process completes, restart your system and check if the error exists
4. Reinstalling the Windows –
If all of the above methods fail to work, then the only solution is to get free from this DNS Server Not Authoritative for Zone windows 10 error is to perform clean windows reinstall. We suggest you take a backup of all your essential data. The term clean reinstall means all the data that is present on your hard drive will be deleted and should be deleted to eliminate this error.
By following the above mentioned, we hope you resolve the DNS Server Not Authoritative for Zone windows 10 error from your system. This error is of critical type and may require a fresh windows installation. Furthermore, we have discussed all the causes, effects, and methods to fix the issue.
We hope this DNS Server Not Authoritative for Zone cmd article helped you. For more troubleshooting, articles like this follow us. Thank You!