A lot of users have been facing a strange error that comes with an error 0x8007003b error code. Users have reported that while transferring files to a system, hard drive, or thumb drive the error appears. The error occurs in the early version of Windows 10 and is a bug in certain builds. If you are getting this error its because your system isn’t updated. The error in some cases temporarily slows down the computer while in some cases the system stocks with the error. In this troubleshooting guide, we will go through all the possible ways by which you can resolve the issue. But before let’s go through a few of its causes.
Causes of Error 0x8007003b Code Problem Issue
Users have reported that the error 0x8007003b appears while transferring the file. Now, this can be because of multiple reasons. Firstly if the target location is of a different format and doesn’t transfer files after a certain size. Secondly, the file is corrupted. Thirdly the drive has bad sectors. Multiple users have also reported that the error also appears because of an active firewall.
- The target location is of a different format
- The file is corrupted
- Drive has bad sectors
- Error 0x8007003b Active firewall
Similar Types of Error 0x8007003b Code Problem
- Error 0x8007003b reddit
- Error 0x8007003b unraid
- WinZip error 0x8007003b
- Error 0x8007003b rename
- Error 0x8007003b small file
- An unexpected error is keeping you from copying the file 0x8007003a
- Error code 8007003b
- Error 8007003b
How to Fix Error 0x8007003b Code Problem Issue
In this section, we will go through all the methods that you can use to eliminate error 0x8007003b Error Code. The following are the methods demonstrated using step by step.
1. Format the Target Destination with NTFS
If you are transferring the file to a thumb drive or external drive make format the hard drive with NTFS. FAT32 format doesn’t allow a file to transfer over 5 GB. Follow the error 0x8007003b steps to format a drive with NTFS.
- STEP 1. Connect the external drive to the system
- STEP 2. Head on to My computer
- STEP 3. Now right click on the Drive and from the menu click on Format
- STEP 4. Now Under the Filesystem choose NTFS
- STEP 5. Make sure that Quick Format is ticked
- STEP 6. Now simply click on Start to proceed to the process of formatting
- STEP 7. Once the formatting is done transfer your data without error code 0x8007003b
2. Perform SFC & CHKDSK Scan
Now in this method, we will repair your system hard drive and restore it to full health. Follow the error 0x8007003b windows 10 steps.
- STEP 1. In the Start menu type CMD and then Right click on CMD and run as administrator
- STEP 2. Once the command window is opened, execute the below command
- STEP 3. The process may take a little time, once done proceed to the next step
- STEP 4. Now execute the second command
- STEP 5. The scan will take place after the system is rebooted
- STEP 6. After completing the scan check if the erro 0x8007003b appears
3. Disable Windows Firewall
Users have reported that the firewall also causes network error 0x8007003b Error Code. Below are the steps to disable the windows firewall.
- STEP 1. In the Start Menu click on Control Panel
- STEP 2. Once the Control Panel is opened go to System and Security settings
- STEP 3. Here Choose Windows Defender Firewall
- STEP 4. Now on the left side click on Turn Windows Firewall on or off link
- STEP 5. A new window will open up, select you to need to choose to Turn off Windows Firewall (not recommended)
- STEP 6. Make sure that Turn off Windows Firewall (not recommended) has been selected for private and public network both
- STEP 7. However, if you also running some third party antivirus kindly disable that as well for getting rid of the 0x8007003b error.
4. Scan the File
Another cause of the 0x8007003b windows 2012 r2 Error Code is a corrupted or infected file. Follow the steps to check if the file has been infected.
- STEP 1. Head on to the problematic file
- STEP 2. Right-click on it and from the menu select Scan with Windows Defender to get back from unraid 0x8007003b.
5. File is Corrupted
After trying all the methods above if you are still getting the error 0x8007003b windows 10. Then there can be only two reasons now. Either the file has got corrupted or it is an unspecified filetype. Kindly re-download the fresh copy of the file.
This troubleshooting article covers all the methodologies to fix error 0x8007003b Error Code. We have also given brief information regarding the causes and effects of the error on the system. However, if you still face the error tell us in the comments.
For more troubleshooting guides and tips like this error 0x8007003b make sure to follow us. Thank you!