Error 1316 The specified account already exists error is a very common error among all the versions of windows. This error majorly pops up when a user tries to install or uninstall a specific program. This error blocks the user from performing any installation or uninstallation. The error can be caused due to several reasons, including corrupted registry keys, your antivirus, corrupted drive, etc. Today in this error fixing guide, we will solve the error with the help of a few methods. Lets first go through a more detailed explanation of the causes behind this error.
Table of Contents
- Causes of Error 1316 The Specified Account Already Exists Error Issue:
- Similar Types of Error 1316 The Specified Account Already Exists Error Issue:
- How to Fix & Solve Error 1316 The Specified Account Already Exists Error Issue
- 1. Basic Troubleshooting –
- 2. Fix using the Error Microsoft’s Official Tool –
- 3. Removing the Local User Account in Window Server –
Causes of Error 1316 The Specified Account Already Exists Error Issue:
When you run any installer, .msi file, or cab file, you get this error. Majorly this error is caused due to corrupted registry keys, virus-infected systems, corruption on a hard drive. Apart from the above reasons, sometimes this Error 1316 The Specified Account Already Exists error also appears because of outdated windows or failure in windows update. If you are getting this error under any third-party application, try to update the application or reinstall it.
- Corrupted or misconfigured registries
- Corrupted hard drive
- Virus or malware attack
- Outdated windows
- Corrupted program files
- Third-party antivirus
Similar Types of Error 1316 The Specified Account Already Exists Error Issue:
- Quick heal
- Join domain
- Chrome remote desktop
- Cisco anyconnect
- Epic games
- Error 1316 java
How to Fix & Solve Error 1316 The Specified Account Already Exists Error Issue
Error 1316 The specified account already exists error can be fixed with Microsoft official tools. Both tools will be demonstrated in the methods below. As the error commonly occurs in the windows server. We have also demonstrated a dedicated troubleshooting method for fixing this error on the windows server. Let’s proceed.
1. Basic Troubleshooting –
Before proceeding to any of Error 1316 The Specified Account Already Exists Java methods make sure to try out rebooting and retry to perform the respective operation. While installing any third-party software, make sure to turn off or uninstall the antivirus. Make sure that the installer file is not corrupted.
2. Fix using the Error Microsoft’s Official Tool –
The Microsoft troubleshooting experts officially give this method. In order to fix Error 1316 The Specified Account Already Exists Join domain problem, you have to download the following tool ‘The Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter.’ This program repairs the corrupted program files as well as registries. Follow the steps to see the process.
- STEP 1. Download the Program Install & Uninstall troubleshooter
- STEP 2. Now install the problem by double-clicking the installer file
- STEP 3. Launch the program, then click Next
- STEP 4. Choose whether you are facing the error while installing or uninstalling a program. In this case, we are uninstalling the program
- STEP 5. The program will display a list of program choose which is throwing the error
- STEP 6. Now click on, Yes, try to uninstall. It will take a few minutes
- STEP 7. After completing the process, it will show that Error 1316 The Specified Account Already Exists java problem is fixed
3. Removing the Local User Account in Window Server –
In this method, we will fix Error 1316 the specified account already exists join domain error when installing programs on the windows server. Follow the steps to see how it’s done.
- STEP 1. Click on Start type run and hit Enter or hold Windows key + R
- STEP 2. In the run box type lusrmgr.msc and hit Enter
- STEP 3. On the left click on Users
- STEP 4. Now on right-click the problematic user and delete it
- STEP 5. A prompt will ask you to confirm the deletion, Click OK to remove the user
- STEP 6. Make sure to delete all the entries of the user account from the list
- STEP 7. Now try reinstalling the program and check if the error still exists
In this article, we have discussed Error 1316 the specified account already exists error. This error occurs due to corrupted registries and program files. We have discussed its causes and effects on the system. Furthermore, we have demonstrated three methods to fix the issue. If you still face any problem, tell us in the comments.
We hope this Error 1316 The Specified Account Already Exists error article is helpful to you, and you fixed your issue. For more articles on troubleshooting guides and other exciting stuff, follow us. Thank You!