If you’re one of those persons who’s experiencing Error The requested resource is in use Windows error repeatedly when trying to open a particular program or copy/move files, etc. As per our reports, this error is probably occurring due to the operating system having been infected by a Trojan horse called SmartService. So in this article, we are going to tell you some ways with the help of which you can get rid of this Error The Requested Resource is in Use Windows.
Error The Requested Resource is in Use Windows
Causes of Error The Requested Resource is in Use Windows Issue:
- As far as we know this Error The Requested Resource is in Use Windows error always occurs when you are trying to copy/move files or opening a program installed on your computer.
- As the error indicates, the file or folder you are attempting to move is occupied by another program
- Your computer is infected by a Trojan horse named SmartService
Similar Types of Error The Requested Resource is in Use Windows Issue:
- Error The requested resource is in use windows 10
- Error The requested resource is in use windows 7
- Error The requested resource is in use while copying files
- Error The requested resource is in use. (0x800700aa)
- Error The requested resource is in use printer
- Mi flash tool the requested resource is in use error
- Error The requested resource is in use mi flash
- Automation error the requested resource is in use windows
How to Fix & Solve Error The Requested Resource is in Use Windows Issue
As far as we know, SmartScreen is a malicious rootkit, and these are often more difficult to deal with since they are designed to be discreet and make changes to the system while going unnoticed. Furthermore, SmartService rootkit prevents certain processes from being terminated that could otherwise stop malicious software from running. In the easy language, if we say, then this Trojan is designed to be as destructive as possible.
1. Disable Preview Pane –
If your system got a message saying “Error Copying File or Folder Error The requested resource is in use Windows 10. It’s highly likely you have enabled “Preview pane” in File Explorer, and if this option is turned on on your system, then you may get the error when you are trying to copying a file or folder because the preview pane is using the files. Thus, check whether you have enabled “Preview pane.” If you do, uncheck the option.
- Go to File Explorer.
- From the menu, switch to the “View” tab.
- In the “Panes” section, uncheck “Preview pane.”
2. Restart PC in Safe Mode –
If we talk about the features of SmartService trojan, then we want to let you know that it blocks the antivirus software, thus makes your computer vulnerable to other viruses and malware infections. Safe Mode is a diagnostic mode, and it only starts your computer with essential system programs and services. Thus, booting your computer into Safe Mode enables you to run your virus removal software without being interfered with by SmartService.
To Boot your Computer into Safe Mode in Windows 10 from Settings:
- Click Start and choose Settings.
- Go to Update & Security > Recovery.
- Under Advanced startup.
- Click Restart now.
- Then your PC will restart to the “Choose an option” screen.
- After all this, you have to select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings > Restart.
- Then your PC will start with a list of options for you.
- In the end, choose “Enable Safe Mode” to boot your computer into Safe Mode.
- Remove the malware using the antivirus software available on your computer.
3. Run Windows Defender to Remove Malware or Trojan –
If you think that the previous method of booting into Safe Mode is a little bit complex, then you can try the built-in Windows defender to entirely remove the virus or malware that causes Windows 10 the requested resource is in use virus error on your PC.
- Firstly of all, you have to go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Security.
- Click “Virus & threat protection.”
- In the “Threat history” section.
- Click “Scan now” to scan for viruses on your computer.
4. Remove Malicious Software/Program –
Other than the previous methods of removing the malware from your system, you can also try out the available ways to remove the malware on your computer, which is causing your system Windows 8 the requested resource is in use Malwarebytes error.
Disable Malicious Software/Program from Startup:
- Click the “Start” button and type system.
- In the result, click “System Configuration.”
- Then you must switch to the “Startup” tab and click “Open Task Manager.”
- Select the option whose publisher is “Unknown” and click “Disable.”
Remove Registry Entries of Malicious Software/Program:
You can also try Error The Requested Resource is in Use Windows 10 method to modify the registry of your system, which may remove some of your saved files or programs with the improper operation; thus, be careful when you make these operations.
- First of all, you have to press “Windows + R” to bring up the “Run” box.
- Enter “regedit” and click “Yes” in the prompt.
- Go to “Edit” > “Find” and type smart service.
- Locate and remove the Trojan.
- Then you just repeat the process to remove all malware or program that cause Windows 7 the requested resource is in use when opening downloaded exe error.
If you don’t know that Malware or Trojan Name, Try the Tips below:
- Firstly, you have to press Windows + R and type: Regedit and hit Enter.
- Navigate to: HKEY LOCAL MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion.
- Under the CurrentVersion folder, find any folder that has “Run” in the title.
- Open the folder to check what it is. If you find any malware, delete it directly if you are not sure about it, back it up before the deletion.
Let’s wrap our article on how to resolve Error The Requested Resource is in Use Windows and the end, we want to say that if the preview pane is the reason behind this error on your system, then you are the lucky one who can fix Error The Requested Resource is in Use Windows issue quickly via File Explorer. However, if the failure results from a virus infection, it will take you more time to cope with it.
In the end, we just hope one of the solutions provided in this article can help you remove Error The Requested Resource is in Use Windows successfully on your computer. If you love our work, then you can appreciate us by commenting down below.