Have you ever lost your phone and didn’t know what to do? Are you concerned about your loved ones regarding where they are going?
Don’t worry. To fix your problems several apps come in handy. They can be used to track your lost/stolen phone or track real-time locations of your loved ones.
Here are some of the apps and ways that can help you to track your phone’s location if it’s lost or track your family member’s phone location:
- IMEI number – The International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI) number is a distinctive 15 digit identification number present in all mobile phones and smartphones that is normally found in the back of your phone, under the battery, or on the phone’s packaging box. When the phone is lost or stolen the IMEI number can be used to track the phone.
The phone can be blocked by the mobile operator is informed by using the IMEI number, after which the phone will just be like a dummy. Even if you insert multiple SIM cards, the device won’t work at all. Apart from that by if you have a cell phone number and want to know their location it can be known by using IMEI number or sim card tracker location.
Table of Contents
How to Find the IMEI Number on an Android Device:
- First, see at the back of your phone if you can find the IMEI no. or not
- If you could not find the open Settings
- Tap About phone
- Under status, you will find the IMEI number.
But there is no way a phone can be traced if it is switched off. To trace a lost phone with IMEI number the phone should be switched on. Only then the location can be pinpointed.
- Google search – If you don’t want to pay any charges and locate your phone free of cost than Google search is a useful way.
Steps on How to Use Google Search to Find your Phone –
- Use your browser either with a computer or different device to log in to the Google account you have set up on your phone.
- Now in the Google search engine type find my phone
- Google will then display a map showing the approximate location if not the accurate of your mobile phone.
3. Sprint Family Locator – If you have got a sprint family plan any phones (both smartphones and normal phones) can be located using Sprint family locator. The GPS locator helps to find out your family’s phone and also make sure they arrive on time to a place. A monthly $5.99 is charged every month to avail of this app.
How to Use Sprint Family Locator
- You must register yourself
- Your phone should be on and with sprint network
- Pay monthly fee
This app is excellent for parents to monitor their kids. But on the downside, it won’t work if everyone has different cell plans. For it to work accurately the GPS network should be within the range of six feet.
4. AT&T Family Map – AT& family app is a very helpful app with lots of features. You can locate your family members virtually or their phone on a map from your mobile phone or computer, track their history, find lost phone by getting the real-time location. You can even track your children and their location.
How to Use the AT&T Family Map
First, you have to register yourself either by downloading the app or sign in through the computer using www.att.com/family map.
You will then receive a message with Family Map URL and a temporary password for the account.
Once the account is set up you can choose which phone you want to locate from the list of phones shown in your AT&T account.
- Verizon account – another way to track your phone’s location is by using the Verizon account. For that you signing up for Family Locator is a must. Once you have linked you, family locator, to Verizon, the phone’s location can be tracked by family members, they can get alerts, etc by signing in Verizon Find My Device. The map will show the device’s location.
This service is very useful for busy parents to monitor their kid’s location.
So having location tracking apps are very helpful in today’s time not just tracking your lost or stolen phone but also tracking the location of your family members and children to keep an eye on them and to check their whereabouts all day. So parents can easily track their location activities and be observant of them and for their safety purposes.
To use the apps smoothly GPS, mobile signals and Wi-Fi is always necessary to track the location. As concerned with Verizon and AT&T the router connection should always be on as they function within some local wireless network. Else the phone won’t be traced.