Error Invalid access to memory location Windows is generally a windows server error. This error occurs when you try to run any 32-Bit application on a 64-Bit system. This error has also been seen in Microsoft office. When you install the office and try to run any of its applications like PowerPoint, Word, etc. this error occurs. This error also occurs when the system is unable to process driver services. Well, do not worry today in this error solving guide on this error. We will be fixing this error using some troubleshooting methods. Let’s go through its causes first.
Causes of Error Invalid Access To Memory Location Windows Issue:
When you try to run a 32bit application on a 64bit system, the 64bit environment does not process the information correctly and throws the error. Sometimes this error can also be caused when two different apps try to use the same memory locations. Let’s take a look at all of the major causes behind this error.
- Drivers not updated
- Temporary Files conflicting with system services
- Multiple apps running during startup
- Low Ram
- Corrupted Hard drive
Similar Type of Error Invalid Access To Memory Location Windows Issue:
- League of legends
- Azure function
- Active directory
- Driver install
- Microsoft office
How to Fix & Solve Error Invalid Access To Memory Location Windows Issue
Let’s go through all the troubleshooting by which you can fix this error.
1. Deleting Temporary Files –
In this method, we will clear all the temporary files; these files take space and conflict the running program services. By removing the temporary, we can get rid of the Microsoft office Invalid Access To Memory Location error.
- STEP 1. Go to the Temporary files folder by Clicking Start > run > %temp%
- STEP 2. Now Delete all the files in this folder
- STEP 3. Or, Go to C:// drive Right-click > properties> disk cleanup
- STEP 4. Finally, restart your system and check if the error is still exist
2. By Updating Drivers –
Outdated drivers are one of the major causes behind this rundll Invalid Access To Memory Location error. So kindly check and update if there is any pending update for drivers. Follow the steps; see how it is done.
- STEP 1. Click on Start, type run and hit Enter
- STEP 2. Type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter
- STEP 3. Now Check all major drivers like sound, display, disk, and USB drivers
- STEP 4. Click on Search automatically for updated driver software
- STEP 5. Your system will automatically download and install the latest driver
- STEP 6. Reboot your system and check if the error still exists
3. Using the Microsoft Configuration Manager –
In this error Invalid Access To Memory Location windows 7 method, we will make sure that on startup only system services run instead of both system and application services, this will reduce the load on CPU and ram. This will keep memory free and remove the error.
- STEP 1. Click on Start, type Run, and hit Enter
- STEP 2. In the Run box type msconfig and hit Enter
- STEP 3. In the General tab, choose Selective Startup
- STEP 4. Make sure to check Load system services and uncheck all other
- STEP 5. Move to Startup Tab, and uncheck all
- STEP 6. Click Apply then OK
- STEP 7. Finally, restart your system
4. Using Registry Editor (MS Office) –
This error Invalid Access To Memory Location windows 10 method is especially for fixing the error when launching the MS office applications. Making changes in the registry can be dangerous and may lead to frequent crashes and errors. So kindly follow each step carefully.
- STEP 1. Click on Start, type Run, and Hit Enter
- STEP 2. Type regedit, and hit Enter, and Hit Enter
- STEP 3. Navigate to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options
- STEP 4. Go to each MS office app, click on it
- STEP 5. On the Right Plane, you will find MitigationOptions
- STEP 6. Double click on it and change its Value Data to 0
- STEP 7. Close Registry Editor Window and Restart System
In this article, we have briefly discussed all the causes and effects of the error Invalid access to memory location windows error. Furthermore, we have given some troubleshooting methods by which you can fix this error.
If you still can get rid of the error Invalid Access To Memory Location windows error, kindly performs a system restore. For more articles on error fixing and troubleshooting guides, follow us. Thank You!