Many Gamers worldwide have been complaining that they’re continually getting Pokemon Go Failed To Get Game Data From The Server error. Also, they face this error chiefly when they play Pokemon Go. This article will walk around the most practical solutions that encounter this technical glitch.
What is Pokemon Go?
Developer Niantic developed Pokemon Go in 2016 for IOS and Android-based phones. Pokemon Go is a GPS-based game that tracks your location and lets you train, capture, and battle the mystical pokemon creatures. To emphasize the success of this game, it has crossed 500 million downloads by the end of its launching year. Coupled with that, This game also benefits local businesses by increasing footfall.
Furthermore, talking about the controversies, this game has become the concern of many countries’ national governments as it boosts unwanted nuisance and crowds at public properties. By February 2019, this game has crossed over 1 billion downloads.
What is Pokemon Go Failed To Get Game Data From The Server Error Issue:
Pokemon Go Failed To Get Game Data From The Server is An exhausting error associated with Pokemon go. It generally occurs when users try to log into their Pokemon go account. When the App fails to Synchronize data with its server, it doesn’t load the user’s progress and doesn’t let the user get on with his current stage. It’s an irritating instance when you can’t play the game whereas others can. And you may end up searching Pokemon Go Failed to get game data from the server fix for this issue.
Causes of Pokemon Go Failed To Get Game Data From The Server Error Issue:
The most common reason behind this error is a slacking time synchronization of the app with its server. Also, there could be an issue with your GPS as well. Here I’ve listed the most common reasons that trigger this error message.
- Pokemon Go is unable to sync with its server
- Overburdened server
- An issue with your internet
- Problem with the GPS location of your phone
- Mistakenly turned on Airplane Mode
- Banned Account
- IP Ban
Types of Pokemon Go Failed To Get Game Data From The Server Error Message:
Pokemon Go Failed to get game data from the server pokemon go 2018 has many other types of error messages that pop up on the user’s screen whenever he tries to log on to his app. Some of the most common error terminologies associated with the error message are given below.
- Pokemon go failed to get game data from the server banned
- Failed to get game data from the server pokemon go 2019
- Pokemon go failed to get game data in 2018
- Pokemon go failed to get game data from the server jailbreak
- Failed to get data from server pokemon go 2018
How to Fix & Solve Pokemon Go Failed To Get Game Data From The Server Error Issue
The Twitter handle of developer Niantic support system confirms that the error is widely spread worldwide. They have released an official apology for this error message and promise that they will come up with a permanent solution for an update as soon as possible. Here’s what they had to say.
|“The investigation into the Pokemon Go Failed to get game data from the server error message some Trainers are receiving is ongoing. As soon as additional details are available, we’ll be sure to provide an update. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.”
Until there is an official patch for this Pokemon Go Failed To Get Game Data From The Server error, you can solve this problem on your own by using these simple methods.
1. Clear Game Cache of Pokemon Go –
The most straightforward way to fix this error message is to clear the Cache of the Pokemon Go Application. The cache is a built-up heap of runtime files that are used frequently in the startup of the application. The operating system saves them from protecting the energy utilized to recreate them every time you load the app.
Here’s how you can clear them.
- Go to Settings of your phone.
- Visit the Application sector.
- Next, go to the Pokemon Go App
- Press Clear Cache
2. Enable Airplane Mode –
Another Approach to end this error is enabling the Airplane mode on your phone. This process will do to suspend all the communication activities of the telephone and terminate them entirely. Here’s how this app becomes useful for the Pokemon Go app.
- Close the Pokemon App by force closing it (If it’s on)
- Drag down the Airplane mode function on the screen
- Turn ON the Airplane mode
- Open the Pokemon Go app
- Wait until the app says, “No internet connection detected”
- Turn Off the Airplane mode
- Enable wifi/ Cellular internet
Click on the pokemon go app and see if the Pokemon Go Failed To Get Game Data From The Server error fixes.
3. Check your Internet Connection/ Time & Date –
Another approach to mitigate this error message is to know whether you’re running on slow internet. Also, you could see whether your time and date sync with the world clock or not.
- Download a speed testing app and see whether your internet stream is the etiquette
- Check settings for time and date and see whether the time sync with the world clock
4. Reinstall the Application –
The final solution you could try is to reinstall the app from scratch. This way, you will be able to fix the internal glitch and corrupted files inside the software.
- Uninstall the App from your phone screen
- Remove every cache file of the app
- Restart your smartphone
- Install the app from the Play Store or App Store
5. Contact Customer Care –
Niantic has deployed a dedicated team that works effortlessly 24 hours for the best customer satisfaction. However, if all of these steps prove no use to you, you could try contacting them. Here’s How you can do that.
- Visit the official website of Pokemon Go
- Click on the Support button
- As the question of your choice
This was my take on Pokemon Go Failed to get game data from the server. Hit the comment section for more articles like this, and have a beautiful day!
I hope you like this guiding article. If you are facing any issue while trying to solve this problem, then write it in the below comment section. So we will fix that for you.