While using the printer if you are getting the printer in error state, well you are not the only one that has faced this issue. A lot of users have been facing this across different brands including HP, Epson, Canon, Brother, and several others. Users have reported that after giving the printer command the error appears at the bottom taskbar. There are some common causes behind this issue which we will be discussing in the next section. If you are also facing this error, well no need to worry we have gathered some methods that will help you out without needing any professional assistance.
Table of Contents
Causes of Printer In Error State Problem Issue
The error is quite generic and has multiple causes instead of a specific one. While the most common cause behind this error is the driver. If your printer driver is corrupted, missing, or not installed then the HP Printer In Error State is most likely to appear. While there are some other causes as well, like print spooler service is stopped or not responding. Furthermore, the issues can also be hardware related like wires and chord are not connected properly, ports are dirty or connection is loosened, and similar common issues.
- The driver is corrupted, missing, or not installed
- Print spooler service is not responding or disabled
- Hardware issues
Similar Types o Printer In Error State Issues
- Windows 8
- Dymo printer in error state HP
- Hp envy 7640
- Canon mx922
- How to fix printer error
- HP Printer in error state hp laserjet
- How do I fix the hp printer error?
- Hp envy 5530
- Brother MFC 7360n
- Hp laserjet p1005
How to Fix Printer In Error State Problem Issues
To fix HP Printer In Error State Issue, we have gathered all the methods that various users have used to fix the issue. Below are all the methods explained using steps.
1. Perform Hardware Check
Before proceeding to any of the below Printer In Error State HP solutions and making changes to the system, make sure to perform a hardware check. In this check, you have to inspect a few things mentioned below.
- Check Cables: Make sure that all the cables from the power source to the CPU connection everything has been connected properly. Check if the wires are not damaged or cut.
- Clean Ports: Make sure that ports are clean so that there is no brother Printer In Error State issue while executing commands.
- Check Paper Tray & Cartridge: Make sure that there is paper in the tray and also check if the cartridge is still present.
2. Perform a Power Cycle
If there are any temporary issues with either your computer system or printer both of them can be fixed using this canon Printer In Error State method. We will be doing a power cycle for both the PC and the printer. Sometimes the issue can only be solved once all the services are restarted. Now follow the below steps.
- STEP 1. Firstly Shutdown your PC, once it is shut down, remove the Power cable, for Monitor and the CPU
- STEP 2. Do the same for the printer as well, unplug the power cable from the power socket
- STEP 3. Now wait for at least 10 minutes, all the power that is remaining in the system will drain out
- STEP 4. After 10 minutes carefully connect all the cables
- STEP 5. Now restart the system, and check if the Epson Printer In Error State error still appears
3. Clean Reinstall of Driver & Software
If the issue persists, follow this method. In this hp Printer In Error State Windows 10 method, we will remove the printer driver completely and uninstall the printer program as well. Later we will reinstall the latest driver and the issue will be hopefully fixed.
- STEP 1. Hold the Windows+R key at the same, a run window will open up
- STEP 2. In the search field put devmgmt.msc and hit enter
- STEP 3. The device manager window will open up
- STEP 4. Now locate the Printer driver, once you find it, right-click on it and select Uninstall Device
- STEP 5. Once the process is completed, open the Control Panel window
- STEP 6. Now go to the Program > Uninstall a Program
- STEP 7. Here locate the Printer software and uninstall it
- STEP 8. Once the uninstallation process is completed, restart your system
- STEP 9. Once the system is restarted you have to install the driver
- STEP 10. There are two ways you can do it, using the CD/DVD that came along with your printer
- STEP 11. Alternatively, you can go to the manufacturer’s website and download the latest version of the printer driver
- STEP 12. Make sure that you have download the exact driver of your printer model otherwise you might face errors
- STEP 13. Also, do not use the generic windows printer driver it might cause Printer In Error State Windows 10 issues as well
4. Start the Print Spooler Service
If you are still getting the Printer In Error State Epson error after trying all of the methods then maybe the print spooler service is not running. Print spooler is a very important service that needs to be running otherwise you will face such errors and cant use the printer.
- STEP 1. First of all open up the Run window, now put services.msc and hit Enter
- STEP 2. If might get asked for UAC permission go ahead and hit allow or yes
- STEP 3. Once the services window is opened up, locate the Print Spooler Service
- STEP 4. Right-click on the Print Spooler Service, and open its Properties
- STEP 5. In the properties, window go to the General tab
- STEP 6. Here you have to put Startup type to Automatic
- STEP 7. Now check the service status, if it is Stopped, hit the Start Button
- STEP 8. If not, stop it and Hit Start again
- STEP 9. Finally, reboot your system and check if the canon Printer In Error State Windows 10 error appears
In this troubleshooting guide, we have tried to give you all the ways by which you can fix Printer In Error State issue. We have talked about all the causes and how does it affect your system.
We hope you fix your Printer In Error State issue, for more similar articles and guides follow us. Thank you!