Replication Access Was Denied is an Active Directory Error that a user faces. The error is basically an active directory replication error. Users have encountered this in a number of scenarios, which includes using the repadmin /showreps command to check the status of ADC. The error has also been seen while using the Sharepoint 2010 or the Synchroziation service manager. There are multiple causes of this issue, which include issues related to required permission; that is, if your destination domain controller doesn’t have sufficient permissions in order to replicate context/partition, you get this error. Furthermore, the error may also occur if the administrator itself doesn’t have permission to initiate the replication. Let’s go through more of its causes.
Table of Contents
- Causes of Replication Access Was Denied Error Problem:
- Similar Types of Replication Access Was Denied Error Issue:
- How to Fix Replication Access Was Denied Error Issue
- 1. Use the Administrator Account –
- 2. Providing Access Rights to the Service Account –
- 3. Giving Important Rights to Replicate Now Function –
- 4. Using Command –
Causes of Replication Access Was Denied Error Problem:
In the introductory part, we have already seen a few of its causes. The Error 0x2105 Replication Access Was Denied Sharepoint 2010 error occurs if your destination domain controller has only read-only permission for a period or scheduled replication. Furthermore, it can also happen if you are executing any command without the administrator privileges.
- The domain controller has only read-only permission
- Lack of Administrator privileges
- Administrator itself doesn’t have permission to initiate the replication
- Domain controller doesn’t have sufficient permissions
Similar Types of Replication Access Was Denied Error Issue:
- 8453 replication access was denied 2016
- Active Directory replication error 8453
- Dfs replication access is denied
- Rpc error 8453
- 8453 fim
- Dcdiag replication error 0x2105
How to Fix Replication Access Was Denied Error Issue
To fix Error 0x2105 Replication Access Was Denied Sharepoint 2010 Error we have gathered some troubleshooting method that has been found to be working. The following are the method that we will be demonstrating. In the first method, we will make sure that you are using the admin account for executing any sort of command or making any changes.
1. Use the Administrator Account –
Most of the users get this Error 0x2105 Replication Access Was Denied Sharepoint 2010 error because while executing any important command or making any changes to the active directory or similar, they do not use the administrator account or forget to use the admin account. The first thing you can do is to execute the important command.
- STEP 1. In the Start menu type cmd, right-click on cmd and choose Run as Administrator
- STEP 2. Now type the following command followed by an Enter
2. Providing Access Rights to the Service Account –
In this method, we will allow the Replicating Directory Changes Permission to the Service account. This is one of the major causes of this error. Follow the steps to fix the Error 0x2105 Replication Access Was Denied SharePoint 2010 issue.
- STEP 1. The first thing you need to do is to log in to your Active Directory Server
- STEP 2. Now Navigate to the following Path on My Computer
- STEP 3. Here Open up the Active Directory Users and Computers console
- STEP 4. Now open up the Properties by Right-clicking on to the Domain
- STEP 5. In the Properties window, move to the Security tab
- STEP 6. Select the specific service account user.
- STEP 7. If you are unable to see the user, click on the “Add” button
- STEP 8. Finally Below the Permissions for Remote Admin
- STEP 9. Locate Replicate Directory Changes permission and Tick on Allow Checkbox
3. Giving Important Rights to Replicate Now Function –
In this method, we will fix the repadmin Replication Access was Denied Sharepoint 2010 issue when using the ‘replicate now’ function or Delegation of Control wizard in the Active Directory. Follow the steps.
- STEP 1. Firstly Open up Adsiedit
- STEP 2. Now make sure to Connect to the following five partitions
**NOTE: Kindly use an account that has Administrator right for Domain, Enterprise & Schema
- STEP 3. Open up the Properties for each Partition, by Right-Clicking on The root directory
- STEP 4. Go the Security tab then click on the Advanced button > Add
- STEP 5. Put the name of the group that you want to be delegated then click OK
- STEP 6. Make sure that Apply to is set for This object and all descendant objects
- STEP 7. Now Locate Replication synchronization from the list and select it
- STEP 8. Save all the changes
4. Using Command –
If you are still getting this Error run, a health check command to fix the Error 0x2105 Replication Access Was Denied Sharepoint 2010 issue.
- STEP 1. Open the command prompt, make sure that it is running with the Administrator Privileges.
- STEP 2. Now in the command window enter the following command
**NOTE: Make sure to run the command on both Source & Destination Domain Controller
- STEP 3. After executing the command, your error should be fixed
With this being the end of the article on Error 0x2105 Replication Access Was Denied Sharepoint 2010 Error. We can conclude that following this troubleshooting, and you will surely get rid of this issue. Furthermore, this article tells us briefly about all the causes of this issue. If you still face any problems, tell us in the comments.
We hope this Error 0x2105 Replication Access Was Denied Sharepoint 2010 article solves your issue. For more troubleshooting guides like this. Follow us. Thank you!