GTA is one of those games that you can’t get enough of, no matter how much you play it, there’s always something that motivates you to play it more and more. When this motivation is shot down by any error it certainly is an annoying thing right!. Recently a lot of GTA fans are facing a strange error called script hook v critical error. Users are facing this error in multiple scenarios. Some of them are facing this error while updating it to a newer version. While some of them experiencing while launching the game. This troubleshooting guide aims to give you some information regarding this error along with methods to fix this issue.
Causes of Script Hook V Critical Error Problem Issue
As we have already told that is occurring majorly in two scenarios while updating the game and while launching the game. Now script hook is a library in the game it executes a .asi script. When you try to update the game the corresponding library doesn’t appear and you get the error. In simple words, we can say that it is a tool that is used for modding the game, but it can be patched using the addon released by the developers in few days after the new update release.
Similar Types of Script Hook V Critical Error Problem Issue
- Unknown game version 2020
- How to remove script hook v
- Script hook v error an exception occurred while executing
- How to fix can’t find native
- Script hook v old version
- Script hook v dot net
- Script hook v 2019
- Script hook v 2020
How to Fix Script Hook V Critical Error Problem Issue
In order to eliminate the Error. We have gathered all the possible ways. Below are all the possible solutions to this issue.
1. Updating the Script Hook
So the first and obvious way of fixing this script hook v critical error GTA v issue is by updating the library. Follow the steps to successfully accomplish this.
- STEP 1. Open your browser
- STEP 2. Now go the link to download the latest library
- STEP 3. Before you start downloading, make sure to crosscheck release date
**NOTE: Only download if it is equal to or updated version with respect to GTA update.
If it the lower version wait till the update is available.
- STEP 4. Once the file is downloaded, extract the archive
- STEP 5. You will get to see a folder named bin, inside you will see 3 files dinputdll, NativeTrainer.asi, ScriptHookV.dll
- STEP 6. Now copy the 3 files and paste it to the installation folder of GTA
- STEP 7. You will be asked to either replace them or rename, make sure to choose to Replace
- STEP 8. On completion restart your system, and hopefully, the script hook v critical error 2017 will be gone
2. Rollback to the Last Version
The other way to get rid of this GTA 5 script hook v critical error issue is to get back to the last version on which you were before updating. The method is lengthy so follow the steps carefully.
- STEP 1. Download the Grand Theft Auto files
- STEP 2. Download the files depending upon your Steam version or Rockstar’s Club
- STEP 3. Once the files have been downloaded, extract them
- STEP 4. In the extracted files, copy GTAV.exe and the GTAVLauncher.exe then paste these to the game’s installation folder
- STEP 5. You will be prompted to Replace the files in the destination, select yes
- STEP 6. Once the files are copies, get back to the extracted files and copy Update.RPF file
- STEP 7. Paste Update.rpf to the Updates folder located at the game’s installation directory
- STEP 8. Again you will be asked to Replace the files in the Destination select yes
- STEP 9. Performing the above steps will get you to the last version of the game
- STEP 10. Now run the game and as soon as you get the message to update the game, turn off the automatic updates to get rid of script hook v critical error 2019.
In this article, we have demonstrated two ways to fix the Script Hook V Critical Error. Depending upon your suitability choose the method. We have also briefly discussed the possible causes behind it. However, if you have some other way to resolve the issue tell us in the comments.
For more troubleshooting guides, tips, and tech stuff follow us. Thank you!