The DNS name does not exist an error that occurs while browsing the internet or using any third-party app that requires the use of the internet. The error often comes with a 0x8007232b error code. Generally, the error occurs in two scenarios. The first one is while using the browser or any third-party app. Secondly, if you have recently installed fresh windows and trying to activate it online or via serial key, you get this error. This error prevents the user from performing further operations. The error can be caused due to issues with your browser, URL that you are visiting, ISP-provided DNS, etc. Fortunately, we have gathered a few methods that have been found to be working. Try these methods to get free from this error.
Causes of The DNS Name Does Not Exist Error:
Talking of the causes behind windows activation DNS name does not exist windows 8 error, we have found out that multiple reasons can lead to this error. Firstly the error can be related to the host website, secondary if there are any issues with your browser, then this error occurs. Furthermore, the default DNS that is provided by your Internet Service Provider is causing the problem, also if you are trying to activate your windows using pirated keygen or program the, even the error appears.
- Issues with the Website or Browser Itself
- ISP-provided DNS
- VPN program
- Windows Activater
Similar Types of The DNS Name Does Not Exist Error:
- Error code: inet_e_resource_not_found
- The Dns name does not exist windows 7
- Server 2016
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows 8
- The Dns name does not exist windows 8 activation
- Temporary dns error internet explorer
How to Fix The DNS Name Does Not Exist Error
To fix windows activation DNS Name Does Not Exist Windows 7 Error, you can try the following troubleshooting methods.
1. Check Website / Protocol / Browser –
If you are facing this, the DNS Name Does Not Exist windows activation error while opening up any website firstly check whether the site is even live or not. Check the website on different devices with a different network if it is working fine. Try to change the HTTPS to HTTP. For some people changing this has been found to be working. If you are still facing the issue, try to install any other browser among edge, firefox, opera, and chrome.
2. Using Google’s DNS Server –
In this method, we will try to eliminate the DNS Name Does Not Exist Windows 8 issue by tweaking the DNS setting. Sometime your default ISP’s DNS server might cause the problem. In order to fix the problem, you can use Google’s public DNS. Follow the steps to see how it is done.
- STEP 1. In the Start Menu type Control Panel and hit Enter
- STEP 2. In the Control Panel window change the view to small
- STEP 3. Now locate and click on Network and Internet
- STEP 4. Now on the left go to Network Connections
- STEP 5. Right Click on your network connection and go to Properties
- STEP 6. In the Properties window, select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4), and then open Properties
- STEP 7. Choose ‘Use the following DNS server addresses.‘
- STEP 8. Now put 184.108.40.206 as Preferred DNS server and 220.127.116.11 as Alternate DNS server
- STEP 9. Save the changes, restart the system
3. Changing the Windows Product Key from KMS to MAC –
In this method, we will fix the DNS Name Does Not Exist Windows 7 issue in the windows activation. If you are getting this error on activation, follow the steps.
- STEP 1. Click on the Start menu type Command Prompt
- STEP 2. Now right click on the command and select run as administrator
- STEP 3. In the command window type slmgr -ipk followed by the windows product key and hit Enter
slmgr -ipk xxxxx – xxxxx – xxxxx – xxxxx – xxxxx
**Note: If any pop up occurs asking for the permission hit yes, and make sure that the key is right
- STEP 4. After the command is successfully executed, you see a Windows Host Script popup saying that the activation is successful.
In this article, we have seen three different methods to resolve windows activation DNS Name Does Not Exist server 2012 Error. The error can be seen while using the internet and activating windows. With this, you get information on the causes, symptoms, and resolution to fix the error.
We hope this windows activation DNS Name Does Not Exist windows server 2012 article gives you some knowledge and fixes your issue, for more troubleshooting guides, follow us. Thank You!