The installation source for this product is not available is a very common error that is faced by users. When a user tries to perform an uninstallation process, the error appears. The error stops the installation process in the middle. Users have reported this issue among several different third-party applications, which include google chrome, third party antivirus software, and various other .msi programs. The error is annoying as no matter how many times you try the installation, it remains and occurs again. So to fix this issue, we have gathered some methods that you should try if you are facing this issue. Let’s discuss why this error appears in the first place.
Causes of The Installation Source for this Product is Not Available Error:
When we talk about the causes of The Installation Source For This Product is Not Available error, there are a few common causes. If you are trying to perform the installation process while the program is running, the error seems to appear. Moving on, if your system has been recently recovered from virus or malware attack, the chances are that the uninstaller file is corrupted. Furthermore, if there are background service running related to the program, then also, this error appears.
- Uninstaller File has been corrupted or no longer available.
- Virus or malware attack on the system
- Service is running of the program that you are trying to uninstall.
Similar Type of The Installation Source for this Product is Not Available Error:
- Google chrome
- Error 1612 repair tool
- How to fix MSI software update registration corruption issues
- Unable to install software on windows 10
- The installation source for this product is not available 1612
- Windows force uninstalls tool.
- The feature you are trying to use is on an unavailable network resource.
How to Fix The Installation Source for this Product is Not Available Error Issue
To fix The Installation Source For This Product is Not Available Error following are the methods that you must try. In the first method, we will try to fix the issue by performing some basic troubleshooting guidelines. In the second method, we will try to resolve the issue using the Microsoft install uninstall the program. In the third method, we perform a chkdsk scan to eliminate problems related to drives. Finally, in the fourth method, we will talk about some third party uninstaller programs.
1. Basic Troubleshooting –
The Installation Source For This Product is Not Available iTunes Error also occurs due to user mistakes. We highly suggest you to first go through all the points mentioned below.
- Restart your System: As soon as you get this error, restart your system and then again try to perform the uninstallation. In some cases, the restart fixes the issue.
- Fully Close the Program: Some programs like IDM, antivirus, VPN, and similar other third party program minimizes and run in the background. Thus when the user performs uninstallation iTunes The Installation Source for this Product is Not Available error appears. So make sure that the program is fully closed.
2. Using the Microsoft Utility –
One of the best and easiest way to eliminate The Installation Source for this Product is Not Available windows XP error is to use the Microsoft install uninstall utility. This utility automatically repairs the corrupted registry and uninstall the program that you want. Follow the steps to fix the issue.
- STEP 1. First thing you need to do is to Download windows Program install and uninstall utility
- STEP 2. After the file is downloaded completely, the next step is to run it by double-clicking in the installer file
- STEP 3. Now the program will present you with two options installing and uninstalling, and you have to choose Uninstalling because we want to uninstall the program
- STEP 4. Now you have to brose the application that is causing the issue, and then click on the Next button
- STEP 5. Sit back, and the program will automatically fix the corrupted registries in the background and uninstall the program
- STEP 6. Now after the process completes, you have to restart the system and check if The Installation Source for this Product is Not Available iTunes error still occurs
3. Performing a CHKDSK Scan –
In this method, we will perform a chkdsk scan using the command to resolve iTunes The Installation Source for this Product is Not Available issue. Sometimes the due to corrupted system files or corrupted hard drive sectors creates the problem. An sfc scan will fix the problem. Follow the steps.
- STEP 1. Open up the command with administrator rights
- STEP 2. In the command enter the following command
- STEP 3. Sit back, as the process will take some time
- STEP 4. All the errors created to your hard drive will be fixed using this command
- STEP 5. After the process is completed, restart your system and try to uninstall the program so that you can get back from The Installation Source for this Product is Not Available windows 10 issue.
4. Using Third-Party Uninstaller –
If all of the above methods fail to work, download any uninstaller utility from the internet. There are various freeware and paid utility programs in which you can try to resolve The Installation Source for this Product is Not Available windows 7 issue.
This article describes methods in order to resolve The Installation Source for this Product is Not Available Error. We can conclude that by following the above techniques, you Error will be resolved.
In this article, we have also discussed briefly the cause of The Installation Source for this Product is Not Available issue, for more troubleshooting guides, follow us. Thank you!