550 The network connection was aborted by the local system is a very common error that has been faced by many users when using the VPN program. The error prevents the user from running the VPN services and using the program. The error often comes with an error code 0x800704D4. The error basically indicates the VPN program which you are currently using does not have the firewall permission. Furthermore, the error has also been seen when using while connecting to the domain controller and third-party applications like FileZilla, MySQL. To resolve the issue, we have gathered some methods that have been found to be working for users.
Causes of The Network Connection Was Aborted By the Local System Error:
When talking about the causes behind 550 The Network Connection Was Aborted By the Local System Error. The first cause that we came to know is the windows firewall, and it does not allow the app to communicate with other services. Furthermore, when using the VPN program, if your VPN Tunnel has been on Automatic, the error occurs. Also, when the VPN client does not resolve the hostname of the VPN server, then also the error appears.
- Bad Network Connection
- VPN not configured properly
- Windows Firewall
- VPN Tunnel has been put on Automatic
- The VPN client does not resolve the VPN server
- Issues with the Domain Controller settings
Similar Types of The Network Connection Was Aborted By the Local System Error:
- TCP provider
- SSL VPN
- SQL server
- deluge error
- USAF VPN
- Air force
How to Fix & Solve The Network Connection Was Aborted By the Local System Error
Fixing 550 The Network Connection Was Aborted By the Local System Error can be a complex process. That is why for your ease, we have collected the working methods, which we will be demonstrating below. The following are the methods we will go through. In the first method, we will disable the firewall to fix the issue.
1. Disabling the Firewall –
In order to successfully eliminate 550 The Network Connection was Aborted by the Local System error, the first thing we need to do is to disable the windows. In the causes, we have already discussed it. So let get to the steps now.
- STEP 1. Simultaneously press Windows+R key to open up the Run window
- STEP 2. Put Control Panel in the Run box window
- STEP 3. Here navigate go to System and Security then click on Windows Defender Firewall
- STEP 4. On the left select Turn Windows Firewall on or off to open up final settings
- STEP 5. Under both Private and Public network settings Choose to Turn off Windows Firewall (not recommended)
- STEP 6. Finally, save all the changes and restart your system
2. Establishing the VPN Tunnel on the Client –
550 The Network Connection was Aborted by the Local System VPN windows 10 error has also been caused due to issues with the VPN tunnel. Follow the steps to resolve the issue.
- STEP 1. Open up the Control Panel from the Start menu
- STEP 2. Change the view to small in the Control Panel window
- STEP 3. Locate and click on the Network connections settings
- STEP 4. Locate your network connection then Right-click on it
- STEP 5. Go to Properties
- STEP 6. In the Properties window go to the Security tab
- STEP 7. Under the Type of VPN, choose the suitable VPN tunnel from the drop-down menu
- STEP 8. Finally, Save the changes, restart your system
3. Starting the Important Services –
In this method, we will make sure that rras and NLA services are up and running. 550 The Network Connection was Aborted by the Local System error occurs if any of these services are disabled.
- STEP 1. pen up the Run window by pressing Windows+R key
- STEP 2. Put services.msc in the search field
- STEP 3. In the services, window locate and double click on Network Location Awareness service to open up its Properties
- STEP 4. While you are in the Properties window, firstly put the startup type to Automatic
- STEP 5. Make sure that service status is Running, if not hit the Start button
- STEP 6. Perform the same steps for Routing and Remote Access service too
- STEP 7. Finally, restart your system
4. Basic Troubleshooting –
If any of the above 550 The Network Connection was Aborted by the Local System, methods fail to work go through this information.
- Check Network: Kindly try to check whether your network is working or not try to ping to any website or fire up your browser and visit any website to check whether there is an issue with your network.
- Recreate/Restart VPN: Try to recreate the VPN you are using, or if you are using any sort of VPN application, try to disconnect it and restart the application.
- Check Proxy Settings: Verify that the proxy settings in your browser are not misconfigured.
- Check DNS settings: Also, check your DNS settings too. If there are any issues with your DNS settings, maybe that is the issue; try changing the DNS to Google DNS.
In this troubleshooting guide, we have seen all the possible working methods that can be used to resolve 550 The Network Connection Was Aborted By the Local System Error. This article also talks about the cause and effects of this error on the system.
We hope your issue is resolved. For more troubleshooting guides, stay tunes. Thank You!