You’re Playing an epic game, and right before you save your progress, the error message “The Storage Control Blocks Were Destroyed” pops up on your screen. Likewise, in other cases such as installing Visual Studios or Starting UE-V service, same error message blocks your work. Coupled with these problems, your problems become twice in size when your disk fragmentation gets corrupted. Worry not, in this article I’ll sort out this grotesque technical glitch for you in few simple steps.
Table of Contents
- What is The Storage Control Blocks Were Destroyed Error Message?
- Types of The Storage Control Blocks Were Destroyed Error Messages:
- Causes of The Storage Control Blocks Were Destroyed Error Messages:
- How to Fix & Solve The Storage Control Blocks Were Destroyed Error Issue
- 1. Repair the Windows Registry –
- 2. Scan your Computer for Malware & Viruses –
- 3. Update your Operating System –
- 4. Clean Boot your PC –
- 5. Reinstall the Software/App/Server Affected by the Error –
What is The Storage Control Blocks Were Destroyed Error Message?
There are several occasions while you’re working with heavy softwares on your windows computer. Again, you could be doing some light updates for your computer as well. While still in progress of processing these jobs, you could see an error message blocking your screen. There could be an Error code seven as well, but that’s subjective for different tasks you might be performing on screen.
Types of The Storage Control Blocks Were Destroyed Error Messages:
The error Message could vary from person to person. However, the Solution to fix these glitches is almost the same. Here are a few types of error messages that might occur.
- Sniffer_capture_start operation failed
- Service terminated with service-specific error
Causes of The Storage Control Blocks Were Destroyed Error Messages:
This error message could appear while doing several tasks. You could be working on visual studio, color management of windows, installing a UE-V service, or only doing an update on your windows computer. Here are a few reasons why you’re facing this problem.
- You have corrupted windows files.
- Abnormal modifications in Windows Registry.
- Not updated windows.
- Antivirus out of order.
- Malware attack.
- Virus outbreak.
How to Fix & Solve The Storage Control Blocks Were Destroyed Error Issue
1. Repair the Windows Registry –
To begin with, earlier I said in the previous segment, a possible reason for this Windows The Storage Control Blocks Were Destroyed sccm error could be your malfunctioning windows registry. Here are a few steps following which your windows registry will go back to default mode.
- Open your Windows computer.
- In search box type CMD.
- Â Run the command prompt as administrator.
- Type sfc /scannow to scan the registry.
- Â Wait until the scanning completes.
Reboot your computer once the scanning finishes. You will have a good-as-new personal computer.
2. Scan your Computer for Malware & Viruses –
In this Windows The Storage Control Blocks Were Destroyed desktop central method, we’ll be covering a few steps you could follow to run a complete system scan.
- Open your Windows PC.
- Look for Antivirus on the system tray.
- If it’s not there search for Windows Defender in the Search box.
- Open Windows Defender.
- Run a complete scan.
3. Update your Operating System –
In this approach, we’ll have a look at the updates of your system. Maybe it has something to do with the age-old firmware with no updates.
- Search Updates in the Search box on the left corner of the screen.
- The second option in the search result should be “Check for Updates.“
- Once the Page opens, click check for updates.
- Once you see the updates click on Install updates.
I guess you did perform updates. Please restart your computer now. Hopefully, this method fixes getaddrinfo The Storage Control Blocks Were Destroyed Windows problem.
4. Clean Boot your PC –
Here’s how you can Clean boot your computer to resolve visual studio The Storage Control Blocks Were Destroyed Windows problem.
- Locate the Search box on the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Type System Configuration and hit Enter from the keyboard.
- Open Service tab.
- Select the Hide all Microsoft services checkbox.
- Click on Disable all.
- On the Start-tab, Search for Task manager.
- Select all Item On the Startup tab in Task Manager
- Click Disable and close the Task Manager.
- Go back to Startup tab of System Configuration.
- Click OK to Restart the computer.
5. Reinstall the Software/App/Server Affected by the Error –
One more tweak you could try to fix the sccm The Storage Control Blocks Were Destroyed Windows error is to reinstall the software, app, or the server you were trying to install. As I said in the possible causes of the failure, a corrupted software could be hindering your work.
- Search for Add or Remove Programs in the Search box
- The first option should be Add or Remove Programs with a subtext of system settings
- Open Add or Remove and look for your Software/App/Server
- Uninstall the Software
- Restart the PC
- Reinstall the App/Software/Server
I hope that the Methods provided in this The Storage Control Blocks Were Destroyed Windows article resolve your problem in a timely and efficient manner. Off course, the steps have been self-tested so you can be assured about the safety.
In case you find any difficulty in following these steps, let me know through the comment section below. Share this The Storage Control Blocks Were Destroyed Windows cool article with your friends and have a fantastic day!