An electronic lock (or electric lock) is a locking device that operates employing an electric current. Electric locks are sometimes stand-alone with an electronic control assembly mounted directly to the lock. Electric locks may be connected to an access control system, the advantages of which include: key control, where keys can be added and removed without re-keying the lock cylinder; fine access control, where time and place are factors; and transaction logging, where the activity is recorded. Electronic locks can also be remotely monitored and controlled, both to lock and to unlock. One can search websites like robots.net for more information on the availability, uses, and prices of several ranges of electronic locks.
(Guide) The Ultimate Security System for your Home
Types of Electronic Locks –
There are different kinds of electronic locks available in the market. They are briefly discussed below:
An electromagnetic lock magnetic lock is a locking device that consists of an electromagnet and an armature shield. The principle behind an electromagnetic lock is the use of electromagnetism to lock a door when energized. The holding force should be collinear with the load, and the lock and armature plate should be face-to-face to achieve optimal operation. This type of lock provides long-term savings and proper safety to the household.
An electric strike is an access control device used for doors. It replaces the fixed strike faceplate often used with a latch bar. The four most common locking mechanisms concerned with electric strikes are Cylindrical, Deadbolt, Mortise, and Rim Panic Exit Devices. Cylindrical electric strikes are usually the cheapest due to their utilization in residential markets. Deadbolts, also called night latches, do not have a spring mechanism which means the strike for a deadlatch is ‘hold’ only.
Electronic Deadbolts & Latches:
Electric mortise and cylindrical locks are drop-in replacements for door-mounted mechanical locks. These can be either “fail unlocked or fail locked.”
Benefits of Electronic Locks –
There are several benefits of utilizing electronic locks in our daily life. A few of the advantages of using electronic locks are discussed below:
- The most important aspect of using an electronic lock is that there is no need to use the key anymore and hence zero chances of misplacing them.
- Another impact is the level of control and security that are provided by these innovative locks.
- One can remotely access their locks by using electronic locks.
- Electronic locks are user-specific and deal with codes that provide the users with the utmost safety measures.
- Electronic lockers are also very handy in keeping money and other valuables safe within the house.
- Electronic lockers are durable and far more long-term cost-effective investments.
- There is always an ease of installation when it comes to the electronic door locking system.
Hence, it can be concluded that the employment of electronic locks in the household and lockers would ensure total safety and protection of one’s property. Investments in such an advanced mode of technology will make life more easy and protected.