Windows have several different HDD diagnostic tools for scanning and informing the user about any kind of issues with the Hard Disk Drive. One particular tool is there to make sure that no problems affect the Hard Disk Drive which will put it at a risk of failing or even corrupting. When this tool detects an issue, it will show a warning message with Windows Detected a Hard Disk ProblemÂ Windows backup your files immediately to prevent information loss PC Error each time you boot up the computer. In few cases, even if you dismiss this warning, it will pop back up after every 5-10 minutes, so that the user will have to consider solving this issue oneâ€™s it for all.
This shows an error code message like,
Windows Detected a Hard Disk Problem
Reasons for Windows Detected a Hard Disk Windows Backup your Files Immediately to Prevent Information Loss PC Error Issue:
- Windows PC Error
- Virus error issue
- External Hard disk problem
Bumped while running
This Windows Detected a Hard Disk Problem error could be the outcome of a sudden bump your windows device faced while moving or shifting it. As a hard disk is a very clinical piece of your device, if you accidentally bump your device into a wall or any other hard material then you are very likely to face hard disk issues. Because, if the hard drive of your device is moved even the slightest then it is possible for such an error to occur.
You can also find:
- Bluestacks Stuck on Initializing
- Keynote for Windows
- Windows 10 Calculator Not Working
- NVIDIA Installer Cannot Continue
- Network Settings are Blocking Party Chat
Other Basic Reasons:
- The motor that makes your deviceâ€™s platter to spin fails to do so because of components issues or a bad bearing.
- Clogged Air Filter is resulting in inoperative filters which cause Windows Detected a Hard Disk problems.
- Too much heat generated while continuous running, makes its electronic board fail.
- A sudden power failure or power cut while your disk is writing.
So, these were some of the well-known reasons for hard drive error. So, now letâ€™s come to the point of how to fix the error message of Windows Detected a Hard Disk Problem Windows Backup your Files Immediately to Prevent Information Loss PC Error Issue.
Table of Contents
- How to Fix & SolveÂ Windows Detected a Hard Disk Problem Windows Backup your Files Immediately to Prevent Information Loss PC Error Problem
- Test 1: Scan your System for Viruses –
- Test 2: Run CHKDSK on all the Partitions of the HDD –
- Method 1: Disabling the Diagnostic Tool using the Local Group Policy Editor –
- Method 2: Turn OFF SMART from BIOS –
How to Fix & SolveÂ Windows Detected a Hard Disk Problem Windows Backup your Files Immediately to Prevent Information Loss PC Error Problem
The following two tests will help you to determine whether there is any Windows Detected a Hard Disk ProblemÂ issue with the HDD or is it healthy?
Test 1: Scan your System for Viruses –
First, run a full system scan of your system for viruses and any other malicious elements using the antivirus program installed on your computer. And if you see a message of any kind of virus, malware or other threats have been detected, then get rid of Windows Detected a Hard Disk Problem Windows 10. Move onto the next test if nothing is detected.
Test 2: Run CHKDSK on all the Partitions of the HDD –
- OpenÂ the Windows Explorer and navigate to theÂ
- Right-click on a partition of the HDD that has been affected by this Windows Detected a Hard Disk Problem Virus issue and clicked onÂ Properties.
- Navigate toÂ ToolsÂ and click onÂ Check now an option under theÂ Error-checking.
- Enable theÂ â€˜Automatically fix file system errorsâ€™Â andÂ â€˜Scan for and attempt recovery or bad sectorsâ€™Â options here by checking their respective boxes and click onÂ the StartÂ option to begin the process.
Note: Clicking the StartÂ will trigger CHKDSKÂ utility which will scan the partition of the HDD for issues like file system errors or bad sectors. It will then also try to fix the Windows Detected a Hard Disk Problem Windows 7 issues that came up.
- Repeat this process again and again, with all the partitions of the HDD that is affected by the Windows Detected a Hard Disk Problem Backup your files immediately to prevent information loss problem.
However, if both the tests listed above turns up with issues like problems or virus and malware infections, then the HDD can probably be entirely healthy. The reason for the error message is that the diagnostic tool has gone haywire and is detecting hard disk problems while there are none. If this is the case then following two methods can be used to get rid of the Windows Detected a Hard Disk Problem Virus error message:
Method 1: Disabling the Diagnostic Tool using the Local Group Policy Editor –
Local Group Policy EditorÂ Tool is available on most of the Windows OS versions. This allows the users to view and also edit the local group policies. You can also use this tool to disable the diagnostic tool that is responsible for the â€˜Windows detected a hard disk problemâ€™ error message; you need to follow these steps to solve the Windows Detected a Hard Disk Problem Disable error:
- Press theÂ Windows LogoÂ key areÂ R together to open the Run command prompt.Â Type inÂ mscÂ inside theÂ RunÂ dialog box and after that pressÂ Enter.
- You will now see a window pop-up in few seconds looking like this –
- Inside theÂ Local Group Policy Editor try to navigate to the directory given below:
Administrative Templates>Â System>Â Troubleshooting and Diagnostics>Â Disk Diagnostics
- Double click onÂ the â€˜Disk Diagnostic: Configure execution levelâ€™Â within the right pane of this window and setÂ it toÂ Disabled.
- Now click onÂ Apply and then click OK.
RestartÂ your system, and the warning message should no longer appear after your system boots up. Now instead of the warning, you of any Windows Detected a Hard Disk Problem start the backup process issues the diagnostic tool will simply write the problems to computerâ€™s log.
Method 2: Turn OFF SMART from BIOS –
If you use a version of Windows OS where theÂ Local Group Policy EditorÂ is absent or if you are unwilling to mess with the group policies then you may use this method. The SMART is a technology used for detecting the errors, and the issues that lead to Windows Detected a Hard Disk Problem Windows 10 warning message to pop up. Thus turning the SMART off in the BIOS will get rid of this warning messages. But, you should note that turning off the SMART will disable the other SMART attributes like the HDD temperature monitoring.
The Windows Detected a Hard Disk Problem Virus solutions steps to shut down the SMART are:
RestartÂ your computer and press the F2 key immediately to get access to your computerÂ BIOSÂ settings. The key depends on the machineâ€™s motherboardâ€™s manufacturer and can be found in the user manual of the computer. It will also appear on the first screen after your PC boots up. After entering theÂ BIOS, scroll down through the different tabs and search forÂ SMART. After findingÂ the SMARTÂ option if it is enabled then simply disable it and saveÂ the change and then exit theÂ BIOS.
Note: In some computers the option to turn off the SMARTÂ throughÂ the BIOSÂ settings is unavailable. If this is the case, you wonâ€™t be able to remove the warning messages with this Windows Detected a Hard Disk Problem Windows 7 method.
So, this was it, hope you were able to fix your Windows Detected a Hard Disk Problem Windows Backup your Files Immediately to Prevent Information Loss issue. If not, we are always here to help.
- Windows Checking for Updates
- YouTube Material Design
- This App Can’t Open
- One or More Network Protocols are Missing on this Computer
- Asus Smart Gesture Not Working
- The Operating System is not Presently Configured to Run this Application
- Windows 10 Upgrade Stuck at 99%
If you are facing or getting any type of any error issue while trying to fix Windows Detected a Hard Disk ProblemÂ Windows Backup your files immediately to prevent information loss issue then comment down that problem here in the below comment section so that we can help you to get back from that error too.