Here we have the Xiaomi New Xiaomi Mi Notebook ProÂ Notebook, and it is the upgraded version of the previous Xiaomi Mi Notebook. The device look has been the same, but there has been some addition of hardware to make it the best value for money. The device is now on sale. You can check it out from here.
Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro
The device comes with a price tag of $1279.99. At this price tag, you expect some premium hardware and Xiaomi has done the same. It has taken the design of Appleâ€™s MacBook Pro and add some good Processor like Intel 8th Gen, large bandwidth RAM and Nvidia GPU. The star of the Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro device is the large battery on the device. Below we have discussed all the features and specification of the device in details.
Â (Buying Guide) Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro Review Deal Price
As said, this Mi Notebook Pro takes the inspiration from the Apple MacBook Pro. Xiaomi even has teased the product with MacBook Pro for having more ports than the latter. The device has a metallic finish and comes only in deep grey color. On the top back side, there is nothing written. The Mi logo is at the bottom of theÂ Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro device. The device is quite thin but heavy as it weighs almost 2 Kg. The ports are distributed equally especially the two types C USB port.
At a Glance:
|Memory||256 GB Solid State Drive as Internal Storage|
|RAM||16 GB DDR4|
|Processor & OS||8th Gen Intel Core i7 Quad-Core processor with Windows 10 OS out of the box|
|Display||15.6- inch IPS display with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 (FHD)|
|Battery||8000 mAh Li-ion Polymer battery with a run time of more than 7 hours to 8 hours.|
|Camera||Single front facing camera 1.0 MP|
|Connectivity||Dual Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.1, WLAN and LAN|
|Ports||TF card slot, 2 x USB 3.0, USB type C, Standard HDMI port and 3.5 mm headphone jack|
So here we are showing you everything about thisÂ Xiaomi Mi Notebook ProÂ Review laptop. So you can get each and every buying guide pieces of information about this notebook before buying it.
See also:Â Hasee Z7M Review
Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro Features & Specifications –
Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro Operating System: (OS)
For smooth and easy use of the Mi Notebook Pro, the device comes with the latest Windows operating system.
- The Mi Notebook Pro device comes with Windows 10 Home edition.
- The operating system comes with only Chinese Pack. As a result, everything will be in Chinese, but you can download another language pack from the Microsoft page over the internet.
- The OS has very easy to use interface (UI)
- It comes with its own battery management application to control the background application running to save and increase the running time of the battery.
Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro Battery: (Battery Life)
To run this Notebook, Xiaomi has added a massive battery so you could go about without charging the battery.
- The Mi Notebook Pro device comes with a 7.4 V, 8000 mAh Li-ion battery to power the device.
- The battery can last up to 7 hours to 8 hours of usage.
- You can also charge the battery very fast, thanks to the USB type C fast charger. It can charge the device in less than 2 hours.
- Long usage and less charging time is the best combination you can get in a notebook.
See also:Â Alfawise Z1 Review
Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro Display:
A notebook is all about the screen, and Xiaomi has provided a big screen to go with the Notebook Pro.
- Screen Size:
The device comes with a big 15.6- inch screen display for all your day-to-day work.
- Screen Resolution:
The Mi Notebook Pro device supports a full HD display with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels.
- Display Type:
The screen is an IPS display panel, which ensures a crisp display and wide view angle and good colour contrast.
- The Notebook has a good edge to edge display which makes the display look more good to see. The screen display ratio is the regular 16: 9.
Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro Processor:
The brain of the Notebook which makes any Notebook standout with speed and smooth operations.
- Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro Specs:
Xiaomi has added the latest 8th Generation Intel processor for best and fast operation.
- You get the Intel Core i7 â€“ 8550U Quad-core processor.
- The CPU cores are clocked at 1.8 GHz which can be overclocked up to 4.0 GHz
- The processor has 8 MB of cache memory to increase the level of multitasking and fast execution of any processes.
- The processor is made with Nanotechnology (14 nm), which ensures less power consumption (15 W) and produce less heat but gives the maximum efficiency.
- Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro Graphics:
The device comes with a dedicated Graphics card so you can play any games or edit videos and images.
- The Mi Notebook Pro device features a dedicated Nvidia GeForce MX150 2GB.
- It gives 3 times more performance than the 940MX GPU and helps 4 times more while editing videos.
- The dual graphics gives better performance while playing games.
See also:Â Ownice S7003C Review
Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro Memory:
Without some decent memories, no notebook is good. So, Xiaomi has added a decent memory as well as RAM to go with the device.
- Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro Internal Memory:
You get a fast Solid State Drive (SSD) as your internal memory
- You get a storage space of 256 GB to store all your work.
- The fast SSD ensures fast read and write speed, so you do not wait for any loading time.
- The Hard disk comes with an interface of PCI â€“ E for fast speed of data transfer.
- Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro RAM:
The Mi Notebook Pro device also hosts a high bandwidth RAM to support the device.
- You get two choices to choose from the size of the RAM. You get either an 8 GB or a 16 GB variant of the i7 processor.
- The RAM is the DDR4 variant which has a high rate of multitasking to ensure less load time.
- Now either video or image editing or playing games is easy on these devices.
Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro Camera:
When it comes to laptops and notebooks, there is not much of a fancy camera to go with.
- You get a single 1.0 MP front facing the camera with the notebook.
- You can now web chat with the camera online.
- The camera can also capture images and videos but at a low quality.
See also:Â Xiaomi QTEJ03JY Review
Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro Ports & Connectivity:
The Mi Notebook pro comes with a set of ports to enable wired as well as wireless connections.
- Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro Ports:
To connect other devices using wires the Notebook has some distinct ports to go with the device.
- To add memory cards, the Notebook comes with a TF card slot to which you can add memory cards.
- You get two USB 3.0 for connecting your device to other devices. You also get the fast USB type C. There are two such ports to connect it with other devices for faster data transfer.
- It has a HDMI port to connect to another monitor or other display for better and higher resolution display.
- A 3.5mm headphone jack for connecting your headset.
- Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro Connectivity:
The device also has some wireless connection to connect to other devices.
- The Mi Notebook Pro device has a Wi-Fi to connect to the Internet. The Wi-Fi is compatible with IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n/a wireless connection. The Wi-Fi is a dual band which works at two frequency 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz.
- The device also supports Bluetooth 4.1 to connect to other Bluetooth enabled devices nearby to share and transfer files and other data.
- The device also has a WLAN card to create your own hotspot and connect with another device to share and transfer data wirelessly.
See also:Â CENAVA F14 Review
Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro Miscellaneous:
There are some extra features that are worth mentioning about this Notebook.
- Backlit Keyboards:
The Keyboard is backlit to ensure its usage in complete darkness. The backlit is a White colour to give a good visual aid in darkness.
Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro Accessories:
Accessories are what using a laptop makes it useful. There are different types of accessories that you can add to the device.
- In the box, you get only the power adapter and the USB cable to connect the device to the adapter.
You can buy other Laptop accessories to make the device better and long-lasting.
- If you travel with the laptop a lot, you can get either a laptop pouch or better a laptop bag to travel with the laptop as the laptop is quite big and heavy to carry with your hand.
- You can buy Bluetooth speakers if you make a house system and listen to bass music.
- If you need more USB ports, you can add USB hub using one of the type C ports, to increase the number of ports
Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro Pros & Cons
- Design & look are best with all Metallic finish
- Best Battery you can get in this Price Range
- Processor with the Large RAM
- Best Multitasking & Smooth Performance
- The Backlit keyboard does its job well
- Fans are somewhat noisy under load
Now coming to the end of this review, no doubt it has provided a great value for money. But there are some flaws that we did not like in this notebook.
See also:Â Acer EX2519 Review
No doubt one of the best laptop at this price range. Xiaomi has also put a teaser on this new laptop by adding a picture on its twitter comparing it with MacBook Pro. If you want a laptop with some features of MacBook but is tired of fewer ports then thisÂ Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro is the one for you. The device is now in pre-order sales. You can check it out there and pre-order it if you are interested.
If you liked thisÂ Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro review, then do share it with others who are in the market for a new premium Notebook. If you have any queries or want to know about the product, then do comment down below, and we will get back to you with the answer you asked for.