Lenovo has been one the most used, or we can say one of the most selling laptops in the market after the likes of Dell, the main reason being its high-end specifications with a very reasonable price. Lenovo offers a high-tech laptop at the cost of not more the 25K and as you go above you will notice them getting better and better despite their price tag. But, the biggest problem with them which has been reported by many is the error of Built-In Lenovo Camera Not Working Windows PC Camera Driver Error And when you try to open the camera app it looks like this:
So, in this article, we will be talking about the error of Lenovo camera not working and will guide to an easy way out. But, before entering into this first, you have to confirm whether your Laptop/PC has a built-in or attached webcam or not. This problem occurs if your computer doesn’t detect the webcam or is unable to turn on the camera and it also happens with other devices having an inbuilt camera. Before trying to troubleshoot, please check and verify some minor things with your webcam so that you’re clearer about the area of problem you are going to rectify. For doing so, you can try using and testing your webcam on different apps to judge whether there is a Lenovo Camera Not Working problem in the hardware or a particular software. Different apps include the most used video chatting applications like Skype, Facebook Messenger, Line, etc. And if the webcam is not accessible then you can guess that there is some problem with your camera’s hardware or the PC’s configuration.
This shows an error code message like,
Lenovo Camera Not Working
Table of Contents
- How to Fix & Solve Built-In Lenovo Camera Not Working Windows PC Camera Driver Error Code Problem
Possible Reasons for this Built-In Lenovo Camera Not Working Windows PC Camera Driver Error:
- There can be many reasons, which could lead to Lenovo camera not working error. Some of the leading causes behind your PC’s camera not working might be
- The camera application which is used for accessing the webcam might not be present.
- The driver for camera might not be installed correctly
- There can also be the problem of non-presence of such drivers
- There is a possibility that this error is occurring due to privacy policies or some other privacy issues of your PC.
- Another simple yet unrecognizable problem here could be, that the camera has been disabled by the Lenovo Settings App and needs to be enabled.
- If not from the above then most probably there is some defect in the hardware of your installed camera.
You can also check:
- [FIXED] Your Apple ID has been Disabled App Store Error Issue
- [FIXED] A Problem Occurred with this Webpage so it was Reloaded iPhone Error
- [FIXED] The Local Print Spooler Service is not Running Windows PC Error Issue
- [FIXED] Unfortunately Google Play Services has Stopped Working Error Issue
- [FIXED] iTunes Could not Connect to the iPhone Because an Invalid Response was Received from the Device
How to Fix & Solve Built-In Lenovo Camera Not Working Windows PC Camera Driver Error Code Problem
So here we are showing you some very easy methods and guides for getting rid out of this type of Built-In Lenovo Camera Not Working Windows PC Camera Driver Error issue.
Method 1: Try Restarting the Camera App. –
There can always be a possibility that due to some reason, the camera app has become unresponsive so follow the Lenovo Camera Not Working Windows 10 solution steps below and restart your camera app.
- Kindly close all the applications that are using the Camera App
- After successfully doing that lock the camera app.
- Now try and restart the built-in Camera App by searching for Camera in the Quick Search bar of your Operating System.
By doing this, you can quickly overcome Lenovo Camera Not Working Windows 7 issues of an unresponsive app.
Method 2: Check for Installed Drivers Manually –
For checking the install drivers, first of all, you need to check if you have a built-in camera on your laptop/PC.
If there is an app, then the next step would be to check for the drivers of the camera. To do so follow these Lenovo Camera Not Working Windows 10 guides steps:
- For Windows users, go to Control Panel->Device Manager->Imaging Devices (Easy Camera) and check if this option exists well.
- If the option does not exist, then check whether there is an exclamation mark in front of the Easy Camera option
- If there is not any such option, then you must install the Easy Camera Driver for Lenovo computers.
- If you want to install the integrated drivers for your Lenovo Laptop, please visit Easy camera Win and older for Windows 7, Vista and XP versions and Easy camera Win 8 and above for the users of Windows 10, 8.1, 8.
Please note that Lenovo has not released its drivers for the following models which include Y470, Y570, Y471, and Y470p. So, you might not be able to get drivers for these models from the company. And if you can’t find drivers for Windows 10, no need to worry, as you can also download and install the Easy Camera Driver for Windows 8 or 7, they are compatible with Windows 10 as well.
How to Install the Driver?
To install the downloaded driver, you must double-click the downloaded file and follow the instructions displayed in the dialog box, which will follow the usual installation process.
Check for the version of the driver compatible with you Operating System on the above-given links and please install the new version if required.
Method 3: Check for Installed Drivers through Run Command –
- For doing the above-given process more faster just follow these Lenovo Camera Not Working Windows 10 Tips steps.
- Press the Win + R buttons from your keyboard to open the Run window
- After that type devmgmt.msc and hit enter.
- Now, Find the camera driver, Easy Camera from the list and check for any Lenovo Camera Not Working Windows 7 error before updating it.
- Also, check whether you have enabled your camera or not.
- Disable it once, and then re-enable it.
- Then check for any update available for the driver by right clicking the driver and select ‘Update Driver.’
- Then click on Search automatically for the Driver Software in the dialog box that popped up.
This way you will automatically update the driver into its latest versions available.
Method 3: Re-Enable the Camera –
Search for Lenovo Settings App on your laptop and click on Camera. After that, change the view from private to normal and then click on Apply Settings.
Method 4: Updating the Lenovo Package Dependencies Software –
If all that Lenovo Camera Not Working Windows 8 methods did not work then try this one:
- Go to Control Panel-> Programs and Features
- Now, check for a software named Lenovo Package Dependencies (you can also search for it).
- After finding it, check for its installed version
- Now, go to https://support.lenovo.com/in/en/, type your model no. And check for the available version.
- If the latter version is different from the former, please download and install the latest version from the website.
If all this Lenovo Camera Not Working Windows 8.1 PC helpful guide doesn’t work, please check your Laptop’s hardware.
So these are the solutions and tips for fixing and solving this type of Built-In Lenovo Camera Not Working Windows 10 Camera Driver Error Problem from your Lenovo PC permanently. Hope these Lenovo Camera Not Working tips and tricky methods will surely helpful for you and will work for you.
- [FIXED] Pokemon Go GPS Signal Not Found Android + iPhone, IOS Error Issue
- [FIXED] Microsoft Edge Opens then Closes Quickly After Opening Windows PC Error
- [FIXED] Unfortunately The Process Com.Android.Phone Has Stopped Android Error
- [FIXED] Unfortunately The Process Android.Process.Acore Has Stopped Error
- [FIXED] Firefox Secure Connection Failed Browser Error Problem
- [FIXED] Pokemon Go Failed to Get Player Information from the Server Game Error
- [FIXED] iTunes Could Not Backup the iPhone Because the iPhone Disconnected Error
If you are facing or getting any type of any error issue while solving Built-In Lenovo Camera Not Working Windows 10 Camera Driver PC Error then comment down that error problem here in the below comment section so that we can help you to solve that error from you. You can also directly mail us.