As we all very well know, that everything hasÂ a negative or minus point to it and WindowsÂ 10Â is not something which isÂ completely different or something which can prove this statement wrong.Â The foremost &Â fashionableÂ OS for computersÂ in theÂ world is Windows OS, and now Windows has been running on computers acrossÂ the worldÂ forÂ aÂ very long time. Not to mention that its latest version i.e. WindowsÂ 10Â hadÂ quite a few headsÂ flipped,Â onceÂ it was initiallyÂ disclosed, as Windows 10 bought match winning cards like Cortona and much more. But, as I said everything has a downside, so does the latest Win 10 OS. Putting inÂ WindowsÂ 10Â has caused some minorÂ issuesÂ for a fewÂ folks. One suchÂ downsideÂ is the Windows 10 Brightness not WorkingÂ Windows PC error.
This shows an error code message like,
Windows 10 Brightness not Working
In fact, aboveÂ shown andÂ connectedÂ problemsÂ areÂ quite commonÂ on WindowsÂ 10Â thatÂ is why usersÂ areÂ terriblyÂ annoyedÂ with Microsoft asÂ they’reÂ notÂ healingÂ patchesÂ to repairÂ the issuesÂ instead usersÂ got toÂ trustÂ these tutorialsÂ to fixÂ this Windows 10 Brightness not WorkingÂ problem.
The screen brightness malfunction wasÂ conjointlyÂ seen in WindowsÂ 8Â onceÂ users would have had to upgrade from WindowsÂ 7. However, this Windows 10 Brightness not Working article will onlyÂ allow us toÂ bearÂ the requiredÂ stepsÂ to mendÂ the brightnessÂ managementÂ problemsÂ on your WindowsÂ 10Â laptop computer.
You can also read:
- Benchmark Test
- The Semaphore Timeout Period Has Expired
- Thread Stuck in Device Driver
- There was a Problem Sending the Command to the Program
- Selected Boot Image did not Authenticate
Table of Contents
- Some probable reasons behind Windows 10 Brightness not Working Windows Error Issue:
- How to Fix & SolveÂ Windows 10 Brightness not Working Windows PC Error Problem
- Method 1: Disabling the Adaptive Brightness Feature –
- Method 2: Enabling the Generic PnP Monitor Option –
- Method 3: Getting the Updated Graphic Card Driver –
Some probable reasons behind Windows 10 Brightness not Working Windows Error Issue:
Here we will disclose, some of the apparent causes of the Windows 10 Brightness not Working error. We will go through this in brief as our primary motive is how to solve it rather than discussing it in detail.
- WhenÂ you installed, theÂ WindowsÂ 8Â or WindowsÂ 10Â on yourÂ portable computer or desktop. You must have found that theÂ screen wonâ€™tÂ lodge inÂ theÂ luminosity or brightness level as you would like it to. It isÂ most likelyÂ as a result ofÂ theÂ adaptive brightness feature which may notÂ be operatingÂ rightly on your system.
- It can also be possible that the Generic PnP MonitorÂ is not available in theÂ MonitorsÂ section of theÂ Device Manager (devmgmt.msc).
- The graphic card driver may be very outdated to work in the Windows 10 OS accordingly.
So above mentioned causes may be the creator of this error and below are the correct solution for this Windows 10 Brightness not WorkingÂ error.
How to Fix & SolveÂ Windows 10 Brightness not Working Windows PC Error Problem
Simple steps to fix the Windows 10 Brightness not Working error.
There are many methods which will fix this error, but here we are discussing only the most commonly used and tested methods. So, following the reasons mentioned above, we are going to know the steps to overcome this error,
Method 1: Disabling the Adaptive Brightness Feature –
Naturally,Â it mightÂ be bestÂ to possessÂ the featureÂ indeedÂ work. ThusÂ you’llÂ confirmÂ to update your drivers. IfÂ you continue toÂ wishÂ to disable it, hereâ€™sÂ the way toÂ bang.
- Just so weâ€™re clear, hereâ€™sÂ the way toÂ modifyÂ the brightness on your WindowsÂ 8Â laptop hit the Win + IÂ routeÂ key combination (thatâ€™s a capital â€˜iâ€™),Â and soÂ you will see the brightnessÂ managementÂ right there.
- If youâ€™re on WindowsÂ 10,Â you will be able toÂ click on the Notifications iconÂ within theÂ receptacleÂ to slipÂ out the panel,Â which can lookÂ a bitÂ completely, However, youÂ ought toÂ have a brightnessÂ managementÂ there on.
- Hit the Windows key,Â and soÂ kindÂ in â€œPower Optionsâ€ in the search,Â which is able to pull upÂ the facilityÂ choicesÂ panel.
- Once you are here, click the â€œChangeÂ set upÂ settingsâ€ link onÂ the chosenÂ setup.
- Then click the â€œChange advanced power settingsâ€ link.
- And now, browseÂ right down toÂ showÂ â€“>Â changeÂ adaptiveÂ brightness,Â and alterÂ the settings there to Off.
Method 2: Enabling the Generic PnP Monitor Option –
- Press Windows Key + R thenÂ sortâ€œdevmgmt.mscâ€ (without quotes) and hit Enter to open Device Manager.
- Next, expand Monitors and right-click on Generic PnP MonitorÂ and choose modify.
- Right click on Generic PnP MonitorÂ and choose modify
- Reboot yourÂ computer andÂ once moreÂ attempt toÂ changeÂ your system brightness settings.
After following this Windows 10 Brightness not Working Lenovo method, it appearsÂ that users will be able to repair Windows 10 Brightness not Working HP error inÂ more than 80 % cases. However,Â if youâ€™re stillÂ unable to do the needful of altering theÂ brightness settings, then donâ€™t give up, continue withÂ the next method for fixing this Windows 10 Brightness not Working Lenovo error.
Note: Updating the Generic PnP Monitor driver can also help to solve the Windows 10 Brightness not Working HP PC problem and here you should give it a try by following the steps below
- Press Windows Key + R thenÂ type msc and hit Enter to open Device Manager.
- Next, expand Monitors and right-click on Generic PnP MonitorÂ and choose Update DriverÂ code.
Right-click on Generic PnP MonitorÂ and selectÂ Update DriverÂ code
- Click â€œBrowse myÂ laptop for driverÂ code.â€œ
- Now, install the new and up-to-date
Method 3: Getting the Updated Graphic Card Driver –
If the previousÂ methodologyÂ didnâ€™tÂ facilitate,Â try toÂ update your graphic card driverÂ mechanicallyÂ (ifÂ the automatedÂ driver updateÂ isn’tÂ disabled).
- In the Device Manager (the same devmgmt.msc console) expand theÂ showÂ adapters section andÂ realizeÂ your graphic card.
- Right-click itÂ and chooseÂ Update DriverÂ computer code.
- ThenÂ select SearchÂ mechanicallyÂ for updated driverÂ computer systemÂ and waitÂ until WindowsÂ 10Â finds and installsÂ the newestÂ driver version (of course, yourÂ laptopÂ mustÂ be connected to the Internet).
By following the steps which are mentioned above, you will easily be ableÂ to check the brightness slider, andÂ it willÂ beÂ operatingÂ correctly in the near future as well, and eventually, you will also fix the Windows 10 Brightness not Working error. Although, if in future, or at present as well, you face any issue while operating these methods, you can always ask us for help, and we will guide you to fix the error of the Windows 10 Brightness not Working.
- Destination Folder Access Denied
- There was a Problem Resetting your PC
- Windows Resource Protection could not Perform the Requested Operation
- Windows has Detected an IP Address Conflict
- This Program is Blocked by Group Policy
- PS3 Emulator for Android
- Disable Xbox DVR
I hope that you found this Windows 10 Brightness not WorkingÂ article helpful.