As we all very well know, that everything has a negative or minus point to it and Windows 10 is not something which is completely different or something which can prove this statement wrong. The foremost & fashionable OS for computers in the world is Windows OS, and now Windows has been running on computers across the world for a very long time. Not to mention that its latest version i.e. Windows 10 had quite a few heads flipped, once it was initially disclosed, as Windows 10 bought match winning cards like Cortona and much more. But, as I said everything has a downside, so does the latest Win 10 OS. Putting in Windows 10 has caused some minor issues for a few folks. One such downside is the Windows 10 Brightness not Working Windows PC error.
This shows an error code message like,
Windows 10 Brightness not Working
In fact, above shown and connected problems are quite common on Windows 10 that is why users are terribly annoyed with Microsoft as they’re not healing patches to repair the issues instead users got to trust these tutorials to fix this Windows 10 Brightness not Working problem.
The screen brightness malfunction was conjointly seen in Windows 8 once users would have had to upgrade from Windows 7. However, this Windows 10 Brightness not Working article will only allow us to bear the required steps to mend the brightness management problems on your Windows 10 laptop computer.
You can also read:
- (LiST) Free Benchmark Test Windows 10 Softwares for PC [Guide]
- [FiXED] The Semaphore Timeout Period Has Expired Windows OS PC Error Issue
- [SOLVED] Thread Stuck in Device Driver Windows PC Error Problem
- [FiXED] Excel There was a Problem Sending the Command to the Program Word
- [FiXED] Selected Boot Image did not Authenticate Press Enter to Continue
Some probable reasons behind Windows 10 Brightness not Working Windows Error Issue:
Here we will disclose, some of the apparent causes of the Windows 10 Brightness not Working error. We will go through this in brief as our primary motive is how to solve it rather than discussing it in detail.
- When you installed, the Windows 8 or Windows 10 on your portable computer or desktop. You must have found that the screen won’t lodge in the luminosity or brightness level as you would like it to. It is most likely as a result of the adaptive brightness feature which may not be operating rightly on your system.
- It can also be possible that the Generic PnP Monitor is not available in the Monitors section of the Device Manager (devmgmt.msc).
- The graphic card driver may be very outdated to work in the Windows 10 OS accordingly.
So above mentioned causes may be the creator of this error and below are the correct solution for this Windows 10 Brightness not Working error.
How to Fix & Solve Windows 10 Brightness not Working Windows PC Error Problem
Simple steps to fix the Windows 10 Brightness not Working error.
There are many methods which will fix this error, but here we are discussing only the most commonly used and tested methods. So, following the reasons mentioned above, we are going to know the steps to overcome this error,
Method 1: Disabling the Adaptive Brightness Feature –
Naturally, it might be best to possess the feature indeed work. Thus you’ll confirm to update your drivers. If you continue to wish to disable it, here’s the way to bang.
- Just so we’re clear, here’s the way to modify the brightness on your Windows 8 laptop hit the Win + I route key combination (that’s a capital ‘i’), and so you will see the brightness management right there.
- If you’re on Windows 10, you will be able to click on the Notifications icon within the receptacle to slip out the panel, which can look a bit completely, However, you ought to have a brightness management there on.
- Hit the Windows key, and so kind in “Power Options” in the search, which is able to pull up the facility choices panel.
- Once you are here, click the “Change set up settings” link on the chosen setup.
- Then click the “Change advanced power settings” link.
- And now, browse right down to show –> change adaptive brightness, and alter the settings there to Off.
Method 2: Enabling the Generic PnP Monitor Option –
- Press Windows Key + R then sort“devmgmt.msc” (without quotes) and hit Enter to open Device Manager.
- Next, expand Monitors and right-click on Generic PnP Monitor and choose modify.
- Right click on Generic PnP Monitor and choose modify
- Reboot your computer and once more attempt to change your system brightness settings.
After following this Windows 10 Brightness not Working Lenovo method, it appears that users will be able to repair Windows 10 Brightness not Working HP error in more than 80 % cases. However, if you’re still unable to do the needful of altering the brightness settings, then don’t give up, continue with the next method for fixing this Windows 10 Brightness not Working Lenovo error.
Note: Updating the Generic PnP Monitor driver can also help to solve the Windows 10 Brightness not Working HP PC problem and here you should give it a try by following the steps below
- Press Windows Key + R then type msc and hit Enter to open Device Manager.
- Next, expand Monitors and right-click on Generic PnP Monitor and choose Update Driver code.
Right-click on Generic PnP Monitor and select Update Driver code
- Click “Browse my laptop for driver code.“
- Now, install the new and up-to-date
Method 3: Getting the Updated Graphic Card Driver –
If the previous methodology didn’t facilitate, try to update your graphic card driver mechanically (if the automated driver update isn’t disabled).
- In the Device Manager (the same devmgmt.msc console) expand the show adapters section and realize your graphic card.
- Right-click it and choose Update Driver computer code.
- Then select Search mechanically for updated driver computer system and wait until Windows 10 finds and installs the newest driver version (of course, your laptop must be connected to the Internet).
By following the steps which are mentioned above, you will easily be able to check the brightness slider, and it will be operating correctly in the near future as well, and eventually, you will also fix the Windows 10 Brightness not Working error. Although, if in future, or at present as well, you face any issue while operating these methods, you can always ask us for help, and we will guide you to fix the error of the Windows 10 Brightness not Working.
- [FiXED] Destination Folder Access Denied Windows PC Error Problem
- [FiXED] There was a Problem Resetting your PC No Changes were Made Windows
- [FiXED] Windows Resource Protection could not Perform the Requested Operation
- [FIXED] Windows has Detected an IP Address Conflict Windows PC Error
- [FiXED] This Program is Blocked by Group Policy Windows Error Issue
- [TOP 8] Best PS3 Emulator for Android Download Free (Latest Version)
- [FiXED] How to Disable Xbox DVR on Windows 10 O.S. (Operating System) PC
I hope that you found this Windows 10 Brightness not Working article helpful.