People all over the world know about Samsung mostly because of its smartphones and other consumer products. However, what the majority of people don’t know is that the smartphone unit is just one product of Samsung Electronics that is associated with Samsung. Today in this article, we’re going to talk about how much is Samsung worth and how big Samsung is.
How is Big Samsung?
According to media sources, the company makes up 17% of South Korea’s economy. Samsung not only makes smartphones, but Samsung has its own army also, and it is into infrastructure also; World’s largest building Burj Khalifa, is also made by Samsung. They also make ships, and they are also in other businesses. It employs 489,000 people, which is more than Apple, Google and Microsoft combined. The company got into in 1960, built its first cellphone in 1985, and in 2011, it became the largest manufacturer in the world.
Let’s Begin & See How Much is Samsung Worth
Though the U.S. remains on top, Asian companies are slowly inching their way onto our list of the top technology companies in the world. As of 2018 U.S. has seven of the largest tech companies. Samsung was the second-largest technology company in the world in 2018, coming second only to Apple. Samsung Electronics had also been ranked as the 14th largest tech company in the world in 2018.
- Samsung mainly focuses on four key areas, which are digital media, semiconductors, telecommunication ( smartphones ) networks, and LCD digital appliances.
- Last year’s 22.4% global smartphone market share put it ahead of Apple’s 16.4%.
Samsung electronics is also involved in many other aspects of the smartphone market. Like it produces AX processors for Apple and has a very large share of the worldwide AMOLED display market. Samsung also conjointly features a range of giant businesses that don’t have anything to try to do with smartphones or electronics.
- Samsung announced a proposal in 2015 that they are going to send a constellation of 4600 satellites which will orbit the Earth at 1,400 kilometers (900 mi) altitude, which in further could bring 200 gigabytes per month of internet data; to “each of the world’s population.”
To see that How Much is Samsung worth, we’ve to note down that Samsung shipped 325 million handsets last year, compared to the 231.5 million iPhones shipped by Apple. And Samsung has spent some big bucks in the future.
- In 2015, Samsung’s R&D spending of $14.1 billion was much higher than Apple’s $6 billion and Google’s $9.8 billion.
- In terms of money, Samsung made US$ 305 billion in revenue in 2014. Whereas Apple’s revenue in 2014 was US $ 182.795 billion and Google’s only US 66 billion. And Samsung is Korea’s 17% of the entire GDP.
Hence in this article, we have come to know that how much is Samsung worth, and after knowing that, we’ve come to the point that Samsung is a very big company which not only makes smartphones and it also works in different kinds of streams and other than that Samsung is investing a lot on future technologies to make our future a lot better.
If you find this helpful article, then please appreciate us by commenting down below and lets us know something more about Samsung, or if you want us to review some other company, they also write it down below.