An introduction to CCNA certification training:
CCNA certification (Cisco Certified Network Associate) is the most elementary certification in the whole Cisco certification system. Passing CCNA certification is a necessary condition to apply for CCNP certification, CCDP certification, or CCSP certification (but there is not such a requirement for CCIP certification and CCIE certification). And many Cisco Qualified Specialist certifications also require candidates to obtain the CCNA certificate first.
Table of Contents
- 1. CCNA Certification Training
- 2. Training Skills
- 3. Holders of the CCNA Certificate are able to Provide Solutions based on Training & Real World Experience:
- 4. Prerequisites for Applying for CCNA Certification
- 5. CCNA Certification Exam
- 6. The Validity Period of CCNA Certification
- 7. Re-Certification Exam of CCNA
1. CCNA Certification Training
CCNA certification belongs to the entry certification of the Cisco after-sales engineer certification system. Passing CCNA certification proves that you have mastered the basic knowledge of the network and can initially install, configure and operate Cisco routers, switches, and simple LAN and WAN. The certified personnel has the basic technology and relevant knowledge of networking for the SOHO market. Certified professionals of CCNA can install, configure and run LAN, Wan, and dial-up access services in small networks (100 or fewer nodes). The protocols they can use include (but are not limited to) IP, IGRP, IPX, Serial, Apple, Talk, Frame, Relay, IP RIP, VLAN RIP, Ethernet, and Access Lists.
2. Training Skills
Install, configure and operate simple routing LAN and routing Wan, and define the content of “simple” network, such as IP, IGRP, IPX, Serial, Apple, Talk, Frame Relay, IP RIP, IPX RIP, VLAN, Ethernet, Access Lists, etc.
3. Holders of the CCNA Certificate are able to Provide Solutions based on Training & Real World Experience:
3.1 Install & Configure a Network.
3.2 Filter by using the Accessing Directory.
3.3 Make an Internet Access Solution to Reduce the Cost of Bandwidth & WAN & Optimize WAN According to the Characteristics of BOD & DDR.
3.4 Provide remote access by integrating dial-up connections and traditional remote LAN to LAN access and supporting the highest level of performance required for new applications such as Internet e-commerce and multimedia.
4. Prerequisites for Applying for CCNA Certification
There is no requirement for candidates to get any certificate before applying for the CCNA certification exam. At the same time, there are no rigid regulations on candidates’ age, educational background, and foreign language level. But candidates need to provide two valid papers, such as ID card and credit card, driver’s license, student’s card, passport, etc.
5. CCNA Certification Exam
CCNA was upgraded to 640-802, and Cisco has launched a new certification, CENNT, since August 1, 2007.
A brief introduction to the new version of CCNA 640-802.
Exam number: 640-802
Length of the exam: 90 minutes
The number of questions: 50-60
Passing score: 849
Exam questions: simulation questions; A few connection questions; multiple-choice and single choice.
The content of the new CCNA certification includes:
WAN connection; Network security implementation; Network type; Network media; the principle of routing and switching; TCP / IP, OSI reference model, and other basic knowledge of the old CCNA network. In addition, the basic knowledge of WLAN is added.
In addition, candidates can pass the new version of CCNA certification through either of the following two ways:
Pass the new course of 640-822 ICND1 (CCENT) and 640-816 ICND2.
Pass the 640-802 comprehensive certification course directly.
The main exam points of the new version of CCNA 640-802 are as follows:
- Describe how the network works
- Configure, inspect and repair VLAN and switch in switching communication environment
- Implement IP services and IP address planning in line with the needs of medium-sized enterprise office network
- Configure, verify and maintain basic router operations
- Understand WLAN and choose suitable WLAN management
- Identify network security threats and describe general methods to mitigate them
- Implement, test, and maintain NAT and ACLs in the office network of small and medium enterprises
- Implement and verify WAN connectivity
Introduction to the newly added knowledge points of wireless in the new version of the CCNA certification exam:
- Explain and select the appropriate manageable WLAN tasks.
- Describe wireless-related standards (including IEEE, WIFI, ITU / FCC).
- Identify and describe the use of small infinite network structures (including SSID, BSS, ESS).
- Determine the basic configuration of the wireless network device to ensure that it is connected to the correct intervention point.
- Compare the characteristics and performance of different wireless security protocols (including: open, WPA, WEP-1/2)
- Understand the common problems in the implementation of WLAN (including interface and configuration errors)
6. The Validity Period of CCNA Certification
The validity period of the CCNA certificate is three years. And you need to take the recertification exam before the expiration of your CCNA certificate. If you have obtained a higher level of Cisco certificate in three years, the validity period of your CCNA certificate will be automatically updated.
7. Re-Certification Exam of CCNA
After the expiration of the validity period, you must take the exam of 640-811CND, or take any exam of CCNP, CCIP, CCSP certification, or take any exam with the prefix 642-xxx of Cisco Qualified Specialist certification.
Objectives of CCNA certification training
After completing this course, students will achieve the following goals:
Use the available configuration tools to complete the device initialization configuration;
According to the new requirements, realize new functions by adding, deleting, and modifying;
Use the command-line interface to determine the network performance and status;
Realize the access layer switch configuration according to the given requirements,
Use the command line to configure VLAN, VTP, IEEEE802.1Q, and ISL;
Describe the function and operation of static and dynamic routing protocols (RIP, OSPF, IGRP, EIGRP);
Use SHOW and DEBVG commands to determine the exception of routing protocol;
Configure standard and extended access lists;
Use the command-line interface to configure the serial interface (PPP, HDLC).
The CCNA certification exam fee is around 308 US dollars.