Search engine optimization is the vessel that will you establish your online presence. Social media marketing, on the other hand, is where you can find potential customers. Thus, social media marketing is an indispensable ally of SEO. When combined, the potential they can bring to your business is too significant to ignore.
Table of Contents
Here are the 4 social media SEO tips that can help your business grow:
1. Create High-Quality Content
Instead of stuffing keywords, pay more attention to producing content that is valuable to your target audience. Come up with something original, fresh, useful, and at the same time entertaining and enticing to be talked about, such as those at webmarketing123.com. The number of likes, shares, favorites, replies and retweets matter when we talk about increased authority.
- Link Opportunities. Social media is a great platform to present what you want to say or show. However, to attract content creators and site owners and to be link-worthy, your site has to contain high-quality and authoritative content. This can definitely help your way up to the search engine ladder.
- Influence Easy Social Sharing. Social media marketing is more than just adding social media buttons to your site. How people talk about you online depends on your content and its context. Your relevance to the people is determined based on how you are mentioned online, especially by verifiable external sources validating your content or brand. When that happens, you’ll gain improvement in your domain authority and increase in ranking.
- Increase Followers. Although growing followers don’t have a bearing on your search engine ranking, an increase in the number of followers and social media connections can absolutely help raise brand awareness tremendously. Resonate what your brand is all about in every update you send out to social media. It can be through helpful tips, open inquiries, or even just a general discussion. Keeping engaged with your followers by direct conversation can encourage existing followers to influence other potential followers.
- Increase Brand Awareness. Being consistent with engagement and producing high-quality content both can help boost your reputation in social media, which is essential for your brand presence. Increased brand presence contributes to an increase in Google searches.
2. Build Relationships
Reaching an audience organically is a challenge; thus, building relationships with potential partners is a big become part of social media strategy. Partnerships can open different doors of opportunities that expand your brand’s reach. What better place to do it than social media?
There are three types of relationships you can foster:
- Followers. Your brand advocates will help you increase the exposure of your brand content and build a positive name on social media. In order to nurture your relationships with them, engage them in relevant conversations by asking and or answering questions and posting useful information or survey. This interactive approach allows you to understand their demands and needs. In return, more people will trust you and will make positive mentions of you for free on their blogs or websites.
- These are social media account holders that have a formidable reputation because of their expertise on a product or service or personality. They embody authority and trustworthiness; ergo, positive endorsement of your product will weigh with their followers.
- Strategic Partners. These are noncompetition businesses that you can work with to boost and take advantage of both of your social media audiences. You can co-create content alongside with them, interact with their posts with helpful insights, share each other’s posts, and create backlinks and vice versa.
3. Optimize Images & Profile
A picture is worth a thousand words still holds even in the digital world. Images can say a lot about you and the message your brand is trying to convey. If you optimize them well, it can drive significant organic traffic to your site.
Few keys to remember:
- Your audience will learn about you and your brand through your profile and the images you use; hence, optimizing them is key.
- Use a keyword in the filename and use relevant surrounding text in your alt text when optimizing images for search.
- When optimizing for social sharing, see if the images are in the right format in all your brand’s social media platforms.
4. Measure Performance
All your hard work can be put in vain if you are oblivious to your metrics. Proper tracking is crucial for the success of a social media SEO strategy. It is imperative to evaluate which metrics are helpful to you and which ones are not. Put a focus on analyzing your data and improve your metrics, which will help you in formulating your action plans.
Deep diving into social media’s effect on SEO, and vice versa can open doors for better management of your business and can improve user experience tremendously not to mention its impact on your customer’s loyalty. Customers tend to stick with businesses that they can reach out to with less hassle and that they deem trustworthy enough.