Particularly, the users of Windows 7 face many problems while upgrading to Windows 10. The Windows 10 Upgrade Stuck at 99%Â Installing Windows PC for a considerable length of time (12 hours or over 24 hours to be precise) whenever the User attempts to upgrade their Windows 7 PC. It remains along these lines for a considerable length of time. All things considered, this is exceptionally frustrating. Your Screen indicates that 99% Installation is Complete but nothing else happens, not even a pop-up with an error message.
This shows an error code message like,
Windows 10 Upgrade Stuck at 99% Installing Windows PC
At present, many Windows 7 Users are experiencing this Issue. So we decided to discuss the issue and offer a couple of ways to fix the Error. Gratefully we went through the issue and made a rundown of techniques to settle this.
You can also read:
- Bluestacks Stuck on Initializing
- Keynote for Windows
- Windows 10 Calculator Not Working
- NVIDIA Installer Cannot Continue
- Your Network Settings are Blocking Party Chat
Table of Contents
- Main Reasons that Cause this Windows 10 Upgrade Stuck at 99% Installing Windows PC Error:
- How to Fix & SolveÂ Windows 10 Upgrade Stuck at 99% Installing Windows PC Error Code Problem Issue
- Solution 1: Use Windows Media Creation Tool –
- Solution 2: Stopping Windows Update Service –
- Solution 3: Installing Pending Windows 7 Updates –
- Solution 4: Playing the Waiting Game –
Main Reasons that Cause this Windows 10 Upgrade Stuck at 99% Installing Windows PC Error:
There are many reasons for having the above problem but most of the time the following reasons cause this Windows 10 Upgrade Stuck at 99% error.
- A Conflict with Windows Update
- Few Windows 7 updates are pending
- Hardware is not that much strong to support Windows 10
There may be several other reasons, but there are generally 4 Methods for solving this problem of Windows 10 Upgrade Stuck at 99%Â installing Windows PC So let us discuss the steps.
How to Fix & SolveÂ Windows 10 Upgrade Stuck at 99% Installing Windows PC Error Code Problem Issue
Solution 1: Use Windows Media Creation Tool –
So did you utilized Windows Upgrade Assistant tool for upgrading the Windows 7 to Windows 10? And was your Windows Upgrade Assistant stuck at 99% while your upgrade was getting ready? If Yes is the Answer then, you should utilize Windows Media Creation tool and check whether the installation happens or not.
This may not generally work for clients, but rather you can attempt it once in the event that you haven’t attempted it yet. I generally like to utilize Media Creation tool to upgrade my System. Likewise, it enables you to Download ISO with the goal that you can have Windows 10 on a Flash Drive and utilize it whenever you need.
Solution 2: Stopping Windows Update Service –
I would like to recommend that this method can be performed first of all. Firstly it involves halting Windows Update Service so that it doesn’t interfere with the Upgrading process. Windows Update Service does not run in the foreground and can finish upgrading exactly when itâ€™s going to wrap up.
I have seen few part of clients settling this Windows 10 Upgrade Stuck at 99% issue by simply ceasing Windows Update Service. So we should perceive how it is finished. I am expecting that you have Upgrade Assistant Tool, open which is constant at 99%.
- Step 1: Windows + R to open Run.
- Step 2: In the Run Type Services.msc and press Enter. List of services will be opened.
- Step 3: Scroll Down to Search the Windows Update and then Double click on it.
- Step 4: Now you must have opened the Properties of Windows Update Service. Here, you should Click Stop and then you must Change the Startup type to Manual.
- Step 5: Then Click on â€˜Apply to make the changes’. Now, close the Services and wait for Windows 10 to complete upgrading
If it is done rightly, you will see that the Windows Installation is being done readily. Within a couple of minutes, you can see the Windows 10 Upgrade Stuck at 99% issue gone.
Solution 3: Installing Pending Windows 7 Updates –
In the case of fixing this Windows 10 Upgrade Stuck at 99% error by Method 2 not working then you should first attempt and introduce updates that are accessible for Windows 7. In the event that you are attempting to move up to Windows 10 without Installing the Currently Available Windows 7 updates, then you may see the overhaul procedure stalling out at 99%.
So above all else simply go to Windows Update, Check for Updates and Install every one of them which are accessible. Presently Use Media Creation tool to Upgrade to Windows 10.
This time, the Windows 10 Upgrade Stuck at 99% problem should not occur and Upgrade should happen. Within a couple of minutes, you should see Windows 10 Start Screen & this error get back from this problem.
Solution 4: Playing the Waiting Game –
If nothing else works then you can sit tight for the update to complete. On the off chance that all the above 3 strategies fail to settle the Windows 10 Upgrade Stuck at 99% error then at that point, you ought to Wait for the installation to finish.
We have seen Some Users that sat tight for at least a day or even two to overcome the issue. So now you should simply not let the Computer to Sleep. Give the Upgrade a chance to begin and allow it to run till it completes the upgrade.
On the off chance that you are having an old Computer or a Slow Device, then this Process can take excessive time. A portion of the components may take hours to introduce. You should remember that you ought to first perform above techniques and afterward simply sit tight for the finishing.
So these are the steps you must follow to get rid of this Windows 10 Upgrade Stuck at 99%Â installing Windows PC error. If your this Windows 10 Upgrade Stuck at 99% issue has been resolved with our help then please let us know.
- Windows Checking for Updates
- YouTube Material Design
- This App Can’t Open
- One or More Network Protocols are Missing on this Computer
- Asus Smart Gesture Not Working
- The Operating System is not Presently Configured to Run this Application
If this Windows 10 Upgrade Stuck at 99%Â installing Windows PC error hasn’t been resolved, then also let us know. We will try to help you with our full capacity.