Call of Duty is surely gamers favorite, but recently its modern warfare version is getting very controversies and hatred. As the game is surrounded by many bugs and crashes. Today in this article we will be talking about Dev Error 6164. The error majorly appears in two scenarios while installing and while running the game. A lot of users are facing this error. In this troubleshooting guide, we will give some methods that have been suggested by the users and have been found to be working. But before let’s go through a few of its causes.
Causes of Dev Error 6164 Code Problem Issue
Talking of the causes behind Dev Error 6164. While collecting solutions to this error we came up with some very common yet major causes that lead to this error. Users have reported that certain graphics settings are one of the causes of this issue. Furthermore third party applications like Spotify also one the reason why this error appears. Moving on corrupted drivers, corrupted installer files are also some possible causes of this issue.
- Certain graphics settings
- Third-party applications like Spotify
- Corrupted drivers
- Corrupted installer files
- Bad network
Similar Types of Dev Error 6164 Code Problem Issue
- Cod warzone
- Call of duty warzone
- Dev error 6037
- Dev error 6323
- Warzone Reddit
- Dev error 6456 call of duty
- Dev error 6066
How to Fix Dev Error 6164 Code Problem Issue
In this section, we will go through all the possible ways to fix Dev Error 6164. However, if you facing this issue in some other game you can still use some of these methods. Below are all the methods explained using step by step.
1. Basic Troubleshooting Points
So before jumping right onto some other methods we request that you must go through all of these points first. These points are often overlooked and thus dev error 6164 modern warfare error never resolves.
- Restart System: Once you get this error the first thing you must do is to restart your system. The error may be temporary and thus a restart is enough to fix the issue.
- Restart Your Router or Modem: The error might be because of a bad network, so we suggest kindy restart your router or modem to fix the issue.
- Satisfy System Requirements: Make sure that your system satisfies the min system configuration of the game, otherwise, you will get the error no matter which method you use.
- Update Windows: Make sure that the windows are updated to the latest version.
2. Update Graphics Driver
Make sure that your graphics driver is up to date. Follow the modern warfare dev error 6164 steps to update your driver.
- STEP 1. Open the Run window, type devmgmt.msc then hit enter
- STEP 2. In the device manager, locate the graphics driver
- STEP 3. Right-click on it and click update driver, make sure that you are connected to the internet when updating the driver
- STEP 4. Your system will automatically download and install the driver
- STEP 5. Now restart your system and check if the error still persists
3. Disable Overlays or Uninstall Third Party Applications
Certain applications interfere with the process and running services of the application. Overlay services include. If these below services are running along with the game you are most likely prone to dev error 6164 modern warfare.
- Video/audio recording
- Taking screenshots
- Share menu
- Instant replay
Below is the list of some common applications that are causing the error, uninstall, or disable them.
- GeForce Experience
- Game Bar
4. Set Crossplay Disabled
This is another way you can use to fix the modern warfare dev error 6164 issue.
- STEP 1. Open the game, and go to settings
- STEP 2. Now click on the Account tab
- STEP 3. Here you need to Set the Crossplay to Disabled
4. Disable Service
Make sure that the NVIDIA display container service is disabled. Follow the dev error 6164 modern warfare step to do it.
- STEP 1. Open the Run window, put services.MSC in the search field and hit Enter
- STEP 2. In the services, window locate NVIDIA Display Container LS
- STEP 3. Once you have found the service, right-click on it and go to Properties
- STEP 4. Put Startup type to disabled, save all the changes and restart your system
In this troubleshooting guide, we have seen multiple methods to fix Dev Error 6164. We have also given brief information regarding the causes of this error. We hope that this guide helps you in eliminating the error.
For more troubleshooting guides, tips, and tech stuff like this Dev Error 6164 follow us. Thank you!