As far as we know, Fail on INT 24 Windows is a very uncommon error for Windows OS and should typically never occur; however, there are some cases where this error seems to pop up. This error makes it impossible to access information on a disk drive. As far as we know, the main reason for this error is that the driver present in your system is malfunctioning. So let’s get started and tell you the ways to solve this Fail on INT 24 Windows error and start working again without any flaw.
This shows an error code message like,
Causes of Fail on INT 24 Windows Error:
The main reason for Fail on INT 24 Windows error is that the driver which is present in your system is not working correctly; by updating or reinstall, the driver should solve the error in most cases. The methods which are mentioned in this Fail on INT 24 Windows article could go wrong and will render your system unusable or unstable. Please always follow each step as precise as possible, do not continue if you have any doubt of what you’re doing.
How to Fix & Solve Fail on INT 24 Windows Error Issue
The errors which occur on the system are symptoms of other problems happening to the computer. Since they are, users need to consider the Fail on INT 24 Windows error message, the time, and the processes running while it occurred. We also want to say that problems with software and hardware, of course, quickly resolved if the user can soon pinpoint the portion that is causing the failure. To solve issues with these types of errors, you must take the help of this Fail on INT 24 Windows article to get rid of them.
1. Update or Reinstall The Driver –
Sometimes whenever we do changes with our computer, it can mess up the driver. If that is the case with your system, then you can either reinstall your driver or update it. To do that, you can do the following.
*Note: If you received a Device Manager error code, take note of the description so you can pinpoint the driver or the component that is causing the Fail on INT 24 Windows error.
- Firstly you have to launch the device manager by either searching for Device Manager or running “devmgmt.msc”
- Find the driver on the list and right-click on it.
- Then you have to click Uninstall in case you want to reinstall the driver.
- Other than that, you can click on Update Driver Software if you are trying to update it.
- After that, you will see a confirmation window.
- Then you must make sure that Delete driver software item is unchecked.
- Click ok then reboot your computer.
2. Repair Corrupted or Missing System Files –
- First of all, open the Command prompt by typing it in the search window.
- Then right-click on Command Prompt.
- Choose run as administrator.
- Type sfc /scannow on the prompt.
- Then wait until the verification process is successfully completed
Run Checkdisk – This command “Chkdsk” repairs many inconsistencies with the OS. We also want to say that system Fail on INT 24 Windows errors may also be repaired using this utility. To run it,
- Open Command Prompt by typing it in the search box.
- After that, you have to the right click on it.
- Then choose Run as Administrator.
*Note: If your system says you cannot run it at the moment because you are still processing data, and it will ask you if you want to run it before the next startup of your system then just click Y for yes and then exit the screen and reboot the computer
- Once the computer reboots.
- Type Chkdsk, and you will see check disk running outside of Windows.
- Just let it finish till it gives you a report of what was found, fixed or marked
- Now, in the end, just exit the window.
- Then let your computer reboot normally.
3. Roll Back The Driver –
If any of the methods mentioned above don’t work for you, then you may also go back to the original driver your computer came with to resolve the Fail on INT 24 Windows error. To do that:
- On Device Manager, find the problematic driver.
- Then right-click the device.
- Click Properties.
- When you see the Properties window.
- Click the Driver tab.
- You will see the Roll Back Driver button, click on that.
- Confirm the rollback by clicking Yes when you see a question that says, “Are you sure you would like to roll back to the previously installed driver software?”
- Restart your computer after this.
Most of the time, Windows errors caused by hardware component malfunction or OS corruption. Sometimes, Windows errors can occur due to changes made to the computer. Hence here we conclude our article on resolving the Fail on INT 24 Windows Error by performing any one of the solutions mentioned above.
In this article, we have told the method to get rid of Fail on INT 24 Windows error, and if it helped you in resolving this error, then we would love to know about it, and you can do that by commenting down below.