Hey, here we are going to cover everything between USB C vs Lightning Cable. So you will get to know all about USB C vs Lightning Cable from this guiding article. So just check it out,
Table of Contents
- About USB C –
- About Lightning –
- (Guides) USB C vs Lightning Cable: Which One is the Best?
- Features –
- Connection to USB Camera:
- Connection to TV:
- Connection to Old VGA:
- Connection to 3.5MM Jack:
- Differences Between USB C vs Lightning Cable –
- Data Transmission Rate:
- USB Power Delivery:
About USB C –
Universal serial Bus C also renowned as USB Type-C is the most sought and popular connection peripheral available today. It is provided with a 24 Pin system which ensures proper connectivity and sufficient speed.
- It is a two-dimensional delivery system. This implies that it can carry data in both directions. This is a notable feature which many earlier ports like firewire lacked, but with the inclusion of this, USB C has widened its scope of uses and the purposes for which it is to be used. USB type-c has a very significant feature which further Improves its usability.
- This feature is that it can be inserted into both host and supplier computer which means that it can be used more widely and efficiently. This feature has also made the replacement of type-a and type-b cables quite obvious and necessary.
The main purpose of any connecting media is to improve upon features like its USB C charging speed, durability, transmission rate, etc. this type has been successfully tested to dominate every other type on these parameters. USB types are known to pass their legacy, and the new ones are another improved version of the previous ones. But such is not the case of USB as the successors are unique and efficient in their working as known. They are meant to improve the connecting and user experience and hence are endowed with suitable inner core and cladding material. These are strategically designed to improve USB C charging speed and purely future-oriented.
By future-oriented, one means that it will be completely suitable for future generation transmission usage which as of now fewer technologies are available which would be able to sustain in the future. This is undoubtedly one of those and in-fact will be one of the best possible choices even then.
About Lightning –
Apple is known for its innovative and extremely luxurious discoveries and production. Considering its high price for the brand value or even the quality of the product, the sellers are always apprehensive of their sales of Apple products and services. The launch of lightning made this trust more firm.
This was launched for the Apple devices in 2011.
- With the launch of iPhone 5, this became more prominent that this is the future technology, as this was the medium to charge and connect them to other devices.
- Not only, iPhone 5 but also iPad was the one to be connected through it. It has a 30 pin system this improves the transmission rate and Lightning speed of data transfer making it more likely to be preferred.
- The best thing about lightning is that it is reversible meaning that it can be connected both sides without making a problem for the user to find the right side every time he takes it out to connect something.
- The lightning connector is basically a medium to charge for connect the Apple device to any other device.
- The power that the system sends to the device may differ depending on the computer it is connected to.
- While older ones can send less power and the new processors can send the required amount of current.
- This is not only used to charge the device but also transfer data digitally to and from the personal computer.
- The transmission rate is also high; in fact, it is strategically designed to improve the Lightning speed and decrease the time taken.
(Guides) USB C vs Lightning Cable: Which One is the Best?
So here we are going to show you all the features and everything about this USB C vs Lightning Cable guiding article. So just check it out,
But with the rise of wireless technology, the use of these type has been deteriorated significantly over the last few years. Even Apple has discontinued its usage in some of its latest launches. This has been done to enable and spread wireless technology. This will not only switch the user to new technology but also reduce the cost of manufacturing of the company. The lightning connector is connected to an adapter which further extends its uses and scope of its improvement. Some of the uses are listed below.
Connection to USB Camera:
The connector can be used to connect your device to any of the camera or accessories efficiently making it easy and convenient for the user to make the connection.
- Not an only a camera, but it can also be used for various other devices making it uses more diverse and dense.
- The other devices which it can connect are a wired keyboard, a musical pad, IMID, and also apple digital piano.
Connection to TV:
This is something new and relieving for the user making him forget all the struggle he has to do to connect or transfer this data from his device to the TV or any output display device.
- The all new connector can efficiently connect the two thus enabling the user to share his mobile screen on a large screen.
- This has not only brought comfort for the user but also fetched him a good part of luxury by enabling the transfer of videos and Netflix directly to the tv.
- When connected, the phone also keeps on charging. These features are indeed impressive.
Connection to Old VGA:
If the user intends to use an old monitor or obsolete display device as the screen of his phone, he now doesn’t need to worry about the connection and sharing of the screen.
- The lightning connector enables to connect to the old devices easily and share the phone’s screen in one go without making the user to bother much about the disturbance in display due to the loose cord.
- The only thing that would bother the user is the sound output. This is because the connector transfers only video, not the audio.
- Thus he needs to make alternative arrangements for the sound.
Connection to 3.5MM Jack:
The connector is also enabled with adapters to connect the device to headphones and stereo sets. Also, when you want to connect your phone to the car’s stereo or a vehicles music system, this connecting peripheral has made the task easy for you.
Here is a list of devices which are compatible with Lightning connector
- iPhone 5
- iPhone 5S
- iPhone 5C
- iPhone 6 and 6 plus
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 7 and 7 plus
- iPhone 8 and 8 plus
- iPhone X
- iPad 4
- iPad Air
- iPad Air 2
- iPad Mini
- iPad Mini 2
- iPad Mini 3
- iPad Mini 4
- iPad (2017)
- 7-inch iPad Pro
- 5-inch iPad Pro
- 9-inch iPad Pro
- 9-inch iPad Pro (2017)
- iPod Nano (7th Gen)
- iPod Touch (5th Gen)
- iPod Touch (6th Gen)
Differences Between USB C vs Lightning Cable –
- In this regard, both are almost the same with USB getting upper hand in a few. Apple’s specifications are very difficult to fetch as the company never announces any specifications publicly.
- The specifications are only available through third-party firms. Due to the company policies, it is very difficult for a common man to know the specs without using the third-party presence.
- Coming back to the point, the name apple induces a sense of trust, and it is this credibility that people are ready to invest their hard-earned money on its devices blindly.
- The lightning adapter is designed to be used for phones and to connect it to other peripherals, so it is obvious that the power supply will be accordingly to be within limits.
- The lightning connector uses 12 watts of power. This is quite obvious seeing the limits of devices.
- USB C works up to 100 Watts. This running range is for laptops and computers. Laptops usually run on 60 Watts. So USB C is designed to cope-up accordingly.
- If the limit is exceeded, the laptop or PC may incur heavy damage including damage to the motherboard. So proper care is taken to minimize it.
Data Transmission Rate:
- Apple phones and laptops are two very different things and have requirements accordingly. Accessories and devices are designed accordingly to manage these specifications.
- The data transmission rate majorly depends on the type and capacity of the cables and the material it is made of.
- They are strategically designed to be suitable and be within the working range of the devices. The Lightning type cable is designed for Apple products, so they are deemed to have a lower transmission rate as the USB C vs Lightning charging speed required by the mobile isn’t the same as that needed for the laptops.
- Also, the processor of the mobile is designed to have a maximum upper limit of any USB C vs Lightning charging speed or rate of working. Same is the case with the data transmission rate of iPhones.
- The lightning is designed to transfer data @ 486 Mbps which is in accordance with the processor capabilities and features. Whereas, the USB C vs Lightning charging speed of USB is up to 10 Gbps which are in accordance with the requirements of laptops and computers.
- Now, this is an important feature and becomes handy for the user. This not only enhances the tagline of “user-friendly” but also increases the compatibility and usability of the connector.
- If the cord is reversible, meaning that it can be connected from both the sides, it becomes very easy and convenient for the user to use and connect it without the apprehension of finding the correct side to enter the respective outlet.
- All he needs to do is to pick up the cord, insert it on any side and enjoy the transmission. Both USB C vs Lightning Cable is reversible.
- The advantage that Apple has is that the lightning is smaller which enables Apple to improve on its looks and design slimmer devices.
USB Power Delivery:
- USB Power delivery is the all-new technique; this improves the charging and reduces the time taken in charge. The power output can go up to 100 Watts.
- This new technology boosts to the power and USB C vs Lightning charging speed and the device can cope-up to the new generation.
- A normal USB supplies enough power to charge a smartphone.
- The user can easily connect his smartphone to the laptop and get it charged instantly.
While both have some features in common, yet they differ majorly on USB C vs Lightning charging speed and transmission rate. While many may support Lightning and go with the tag name of the apple, but the fact and figures indicate that USB C is far better than lightning be it USB C vs Lightning charging speed, be it compatibility, be it reversibility, USB C wins in every race. The new version, i.e., USB C (3.0) is more versatile and even more renowned and preferred for every gadget out there be it laptop, be it computer, be it phones, etc. the manufacturers have rightly said that USB C is the future technology and even Apple has accepted it in their MacBook for faster transmission and compatibility which has triggered the users.
So this is all about the USB C vs Lightning Cable guide. Hope you like this guiding article. & if you have any query regarding any Cable or want to add something then do let us know in the below comment section.