Well, we all use the internet, and the developers of our computer know that the web can be very harmful to your PC if there is nothing to protect it. Windows Defender is a built-in antivirus tool that is installed on your computer without any of your permissions. It can be installed automatically through internet, removable media or sometimes even on its own. It provides you a real-time protection from different types of virus and also monitors any suspicious activities going on, or that can be encountered on the computer. & you may get this type of Windows Defender Turned OFF by Group Policy Windows PC Error frequently on your PC so for that just read this once,
This shows an error code message like,
Windows Defender Turned OFF by Group Policy
Whenever any virus or malware infects your computer, it automatically shuts down any prevention software or utilities present on your computer leading to the error, “Windows Defender Turned OFF by Group Policy Windows Defender.” This error might also occur in the cases when you have installed an anti-virus program or anti-hacking tools on your computer and also in the case when you have some anti-spyware programs, and you didn’t turn those features off. Windows Defender also shows this Windows Defender Turned OFF by Group Policy Windows PC error message in the run dialog box whenever you are trying to remove some harmful or malicious programs from your computer.
Table of Contents
- How to Fix & Solve Windows Defender Turned OFF by Group Policy Windows PC Error Issue
- 1. Enabling Windows Defender in Group Policy –
- 2. Enable Windows Defender in the Action Center –
- 3. By Enabling it in the Local Services –
- 4. By using Registry Editor –
- 5. Enable Windows Defender in the Settings Menu –
- 6. Ask your Domain Controller to Turn it ON –
- 7. Perform a Periodic Scan every Month –
- 8. Don’t Install Third-Party Applications –
Reasons for Windows Defender Turned OFF by Group Policy PC Error:
- The intrusion of a Virus into your Computer:
Whenever a virus or malware has hit your computer, it disables the safety utilities and application programs installed on your computer so that you cannot find the type of virus and its’ source. This leads to the spreading of the virus in the hard disk entirely and also leads to disabling the Windows Defender which makes your PC more venerable.
- Turned it OFF by Mistake:
This Windows Defender Turned OFF by Group Policy Windows Defender Windows 10 error can also be possible that in an unknown scenario you have turned it off by mistake, so please check once whether you intentionally turned it off by going to the Settings or it has been turned off due to some other reasons.
- When your Domain Controller has Switched it OFF:
When you are part of a domain, and due to some specific reasons for security or some other reasons, the domain controller which is used on that website has switched off the Windows Defender Services for your computer.
- Installed incompatible Anti-Virus Software:
This Windows Defender Turned OFF by Group Policy Windows 8 error can also be possible that sometimes, your friend asks to install an anti-virus program that went well for his computer, but here please pauses and checks whether that anti-virus program is compatible with your computer or not. Do check whether that application software is legit and does not turn off the built-in plugins on your computer for the security audit. Do not install any third-party application programs as it may hamper the security levels of your computer.
You can also check:
- Create Engaging Presentations
- Wonderfox DVD Ripper – DVD Ripper Software
- Home Network Safe
- Download Photos from Instagram
- Android Apps for Students
How to Fix & Solve Windows Defender Turned OFF by Group Policy Windows PC Error Issue
So here are some methods and solutions for you for fixing and solving this type of Windows Defender Turned OFF by Group Policy Windows PC Error code problem from you permanently and completely.
1. Enabling Windows Defender in Group Policy –
You can just allow the shutdown defender to get rid of this Windows Defender Turned OFF by Group Policy Windows 7 PC error. For doing so just follow the steps below:
- Open the Local Group Policy Editor by run command by entering credit.msc
- Now you should locate the “Turn off Windows Defender”
- Choose “Not Configured (or Disabled)”
- Then click OK.
- Windows Defender will now come back to its regular services.
2. Enable Windows Defender in the Action Center –
In Control Panel, search for Action Center in the top-right Search box. Turn on the Spyware and Unwanted Software Protection. This will help in enabling the Windows Defender once again back to its earlier stage and solve this Windows Defender Turned OFF by Group Policy Windows 10 Pro issue.
3. By Enabling it in the Local Services –
For enabling it in a local service just follow the steps below:
- Go to the search bar, go and locate Settings.
- Locate Local Services option and double-click on Windows Defender Service.
- Now in the Properties dialog box, choose Automatic from the drop-down of Startup
- Type and click Apply to use the current Settings. This command will never turn off your Windows Defender and fix this Windows Defender Turned OFF by Group Policy Vista Windows PC error problem.
4. By using Registry Editor –
You can also fix this Windows Defender Turned OFF by Group Policy Windows 10 error by following some simple steps that are:
Press Windows + R keys on your keyboard
In the run dialog box, type “regedit” and hit enter.
This will open the Local Registry Editor. Now, in the left pane of the Registry Editor, navigate to the key, “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender.” In the right pane of the Registry Editor Window, select the Disable Anti Spyware and delete it from the list. Close the Registry Editor Window and Reboot your PC to see the result of the command you performed just now. It will now not show you the Windows Defender Turned OFF by Group Policy Windows Defender error message for the disabled Windows Defender.
5. Enable Windows Defender in the Settings Menu –
If you have turned off Windows Defender by mistake or due to some other reasons, it got disabled; you can quickly turn it on. Open Settings and locate Windows Defender option from the Left Pane. Here, click on “Turn On Windows Defender.” Reboot your PC to see the desired effects of the command and get back from this Windows Defender Turned OFF by Group Policy and is currently being managed by your system administrator problem.
6. Ask your Domain Controller to Turn it ON –
Maybe due to some security reasons, your domain controller of the network you are located in has turned off your Windows Defender Services. Ask them to turn it on; they can do it very easily by just turning ON the Windows Defender option for your PC so that you can get rid of this Windows Defender Turned OFF by Group Policy Windows 8 issue.
7. Perform a Periodic Scan every Month –
Please perform a regular scan every month so that you can stay away from all kinds of virus and malware entities that may harm your computer’s privacy and get rid out of Windows Defender Turned OFF by Group Policy Windows Vista error.
8. Don’t Install Third-Party Applications –
Please give a check to all the application programs that you are installing on your computer so that you do not install any third-party application software that may harm your computer so that you can get fixed by this Windows Defender Turned OFF by Group Policy Windows XP error.
So, these were some of the easiest to use steps to fix the error Windows Defender Turned OFF by Group Policy Windows PC error. This app is essential for your computer’s security, and you cannot compromise security. So, take a note and either change it or update this software so you can easily do your home chores and get back from Windows Defender Turned OFF by Group Policy Windows Defender error.
- Apple TV Remote Not Working
- Free Google Slides Themes
- How to Go Full Screen on Windows
- Windows 7 Performance Tweaks
- Keynote for Windows
- How to Restore iPad without iTunes
- Best IOS RPG Games
If you face or get any issue while trying to getting rid out of this Windows Defender Turned OFF by Group Policy Windows PC error code problem then do comment down that error here freely in the below comment section so that we can help you for getting back from it too by our other tips and tricky guides.