Xiaomi has always been the first for budget-oriented devices. The company has made its position in the market with flagships, smartphones, fitness bands, etc.; now it is all set with its new product, i.e., the Xiaomi Mi Pad tablet PC. It is a successor of the Mi Pas3 with lots of modification and gradation. The revised 2018 Mi Pad is now the fourth-generation tablet. & here we are doing Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 Review.
(Buying Guide) Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 Review: Tablet PC ‘Offer’
At a Glance:
|Build||Front glass, aluminum body|
|Display||Type||16M colors, IPS capacitive LCD touchscreen|
|Size||8.0 inches, 185.6 cm2 (~77.1% screen-to-body ratio)|
|Resolution||1200×1920 pixels, 16:10 ratio (~283 PPI density)|
|Platform||OS||Android 8.1 (Oreo )|
|Chipset||Qualcomm SDM660 Snapdragon 660|
|Memory||Card slot||microSD, up to 256GB|
|Internal||64 GB. 4 GB RAM (WiFi or LTE model) or 32 GB RAM (WiFi model)|
|Main Camera||Single||13 MP. f/2.0|
|Selfie Camera||Single||5 MP, f/2.0|
|Comms||WLAN||WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band. WiFi Direct, hotspot|
|Bluetooth||5.0, A2DP, LE|
|GPS||BDS (available in LTE model only), A-GPS, GLONASS|
|USB||Type-C 1.0 reversible connector|
-Charging 5V/2A 10W
|Battery||Non-removable Li-Po 6000 mAh battery|
|Sound||Alert types||Vibration, MP3, WAV ringtones|
|loudspeaker||Yes, with stereo speakers|
|3.5 mm jack||Yes
-active noise cancellation with a dedicated mic
|Misc||colors||Black, Rose, Gold|
|Price||About 180 EUR|
Now let’s take a depth at the Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 Review tablet PC and how much it has upgraded.
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 Tablet Features & Specifications –
Operating System (OS)
The Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 comes with an Android System.
- The Mi Pad 4 comes with MIUI 9 with a customized version of Android Oreo 8.1
- It has a highly customized version of Android, whose UI looks more like iOS than it does stock Android.
- There is no global ROM available for the Mi Pad 4 at the time of writing, which means you can only set the device to Chinese or English, among other limitations.
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4: Display
The Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 has a slimmer body which one will first notice about the tablet. Xiaomi has now made it fit into a larger screen on the Mi pad 4.
- Screen size – Mi Pad 4 has a slightly larger screen at 8in versus 7.9in; it is taller and now adopts a 16:10 aspect ratio.
- Resolution – The screen has an excellent quality resolution from 1536×2048 to 1920×1200 pixels.
- Brightness – The tablet revealed its brightness of 349cd/m2, which is not bad for a budget tablet and makes the screen much easier to read in sunlight.
- Bezel – The Mi Pad 4 is not entirely bezel-less considering its offering; it’s a no-brainer in its segment.
The Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 is available in black and gold colors with a white front and weighs around 342g.
- One can find the power and volume buttons on the right side of the tablet. The buttons have a good press and sit firmly within the device.
- The display is made from scratch-resistant glass that smoothly dissolves within the device.
- It has a relatively small bezel; it retains its thick top and bottom bezels, which can be seen on many Android tablets.
- The back of the Mi Pad 4 is made of aluminum; the milled frame has noticeable edges that interrupt the otherwise curvy edge.
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4: Battery
- The battery life test of the MI Pad has been set to 150 cd/m2
- The device sports a 6000mAh battery, which is down from 6,600mAh inside Mi Pad 3.
- The battery gives a good 12 hours of video playback.
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 does not provide a good picture in low light and lacks a flashlight.
- The device provides a 13.0MP Rear camera, the image size is 4160×3120 pixels, and records video at 1920x1080P at 30fps.
- The front camera is 5.0MP and can also capture image at 2K and records videos up to 720P.
- Video calling is the best feature that this Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 Review tab provides.
The device also comes with features like autofocus, Digital zoom, light sensitivity, HDR, Face recognition, and many other modes available.
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4: Memory
Xiaomi always provides one of the best hardware and software features at this budget price for smartphones or smartwatches.
- The device runs on Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-Core Processor, and this processor is clubbed with 3GB/4BG RAM.
- It also has an extra benefit as it has a Qualcomm Adreno 512 GPU Unit.
- It provides a 32GB ROM; if you feel it’s not enough to store all your data, you can have an extra Micro SD of up to 256GB.
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4: Connectivity
- The device is equipped with 64GB of eMMC 5.1 memory, of which 51 GB remains once the OS has been installed.
- You can connect a memory stick via the USB Type-C port of the additional temporary.
- You can connect to other peripherals, such as an external keyboard or mouse, if you have a Type-C adapter.
- The Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 supports screen sharing through Miracast, which worked well during our tests.
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4: Communication & GPS
- The tablet supports IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac WiFi and can connect to either 2.4 or 5 GHz
- The device has a good WiFi range.
- The Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 supports 5.0 but does not support NFC.
- The device only supports 10 LTE bands but not LTE band 20, but hopefully, Xiaomi will add more LTE bands if they release it in European.
- The microphone is likely to be used for video telephony services like Skype.
- Voices may slightly get distorted in a video call, but the voice quality is impressive overall, as stated by the partners.
- Audio playback over the speakers is also excellent.
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4: Accessories & Warranty
- The Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 has a 5 V, 2 A modular charger, a sim tool, and a USB Type-A to Type-C cable.
- It also includes other documents about the device and sells an optional flip cover.
- The test device also comes with an EU power supply courtesy of Trading Shenzhen, the company which provides the device to us for the Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 Review.
- The tablet comes with 12 months manufacturer’s warranty, and Trading Shenzhen also provides an additional warranty that allows buyers to send their device to a German shipping address when making a warranty claim instead of sending the device back to China.
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 Pros & Cons
- Long Battery Life
- Solidly Constructed
- Fast WiFi
- Value for Money
- Outdated Soc
- Average Contrast
Xiaomi has similarly been successfully creating a good tablet with a strong performance and price. The budget tablet has been impressive during the test. Perhaps expectedly, Xiaomi has made some compromises to keep the price down. Well, the device is definitely good, but if you’re looking to buy a brand new tablet or if you want to replace your old tablet with a brand new multi-featured tablet like Xiaomi Mi Pad 4.
So this is all about the Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 Review. Hope you like this Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 Review. & if you have any queries regarding this Product or want to know anything, then comment down that so we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Long Battery Life
Value for Money
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 Tablet Features a 8.0 inches (20.32 cm) Touchscreen for your Daily needs & runs Android v8.1 (Oreo) OS to quickly Open Apps & Games. The Device is powered by a Octacore (2.2 GHz, Quad core, Kryo 260 + 1.8 GHz, Quad Core, Kryo 260) Processor paired with 3 GB GB of RAM to further enhance the Userâ€™s Experience.