The Fortnite is a sensational game released by Epic Games. To make the gameplay of Fortnite interesting for players, the developers occasionally come up with Limited Time Events or LTE.Â In the past, there were some very interesting LTE for Fortnite including the 50 versus 50 limited time event where two teams of 50 players each fought in a single match.
Now Epic Games has announced the Solo Showdown limited time event for Fortnite. If you love playing the Fortnite game but is confused on how the Solo Showdown LTE works, then today we are here with a detailed article that explains how Solo Showdown works.
Table of Contents
- (Guide) Fortnite – How Does Solo Showdown Work?
- Top Things to Know About Fortnite Solo Showdown –
- What are the Fortnite Solo Showdown Contest Prizes?
- What is the Difference Between Blitz Showdown & Solo Showdown for Fortnite?
- How to Check Blitz Showdown Leaderboard –
- Will there be More Showdown LTE for Fortnite?
(Guide) Fortnite – How Does Solo Showdown Work?
As we have mentioned above, Solo Showdown is a limited time event on the Fortnite online game. The gameplay of the Solo Showdown LTE is same as the Fortnite Battle Royale game, which means the game is a survival game and the last player alive in a game wins the game.
At the beginning of the game, 100 random players of equal strengths are dropped onto an island without any weapons. The players then have to search the island to find weapons and other items. Each player then has to eliminate the other players, and the last player standing at the end of the game wins the game.
Players with the highest score after the event ends will be rewarded, and each Solo Showdown match that you play can help you in reaching in the top scoreboard.
Top Things to Know About Fortnite Solo Showdown –
Below is a list of things that you should know about the Solo Showdown LTE for Fortnite.
- As the name of the event suggests, Fortnite Solo Showdown is a solo event. Which means that each player will have to play solo and matches cannot be a squad battle or a duos match.
- Talking about Solo Showdown for Fortnite gameplay, there is no actual gameplay difference between the Fortnite Battle Royale mode and Fortnite Solo Showdown mode.
- All the matches that you play in the Solo Showdown mode will be tracked to move your ranking up or down the leaderboard.
- Even though the 100 players in a Solo Showdown match is picked at random, the players will be equal in strengths.
- In order to be eligible to win rewards, you should play at least 50 matches in Solo Showdown mode.
- Your Solo Showdown score will be calculated only based on the first 50 matches that you play in the mode.
- The players in the top 100 ranks will be rewarded with a prize.
- All Fortnite players who complete 50 Solo Showdown mode matches will also receive a reward.
What are the Fortnite Solo Showdown Contest Prizes?
As mentioned above, gamers who rank among the top 100 players in Solo Showdown limited time event will receive prizes after the event ends.
Below are the prizes awarded to winners:
- The player who is in the 1st position will be rewarded 50,000 Vbucks in the game.
- The players who get featured in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th positions will get 25,000 V-bucks as a reward.
- The players from 5th place till 50th place will get 13,500 V-bucks.
- The players in the top 51st place until 100th place will get 7500 V-bucks.
All the players who complete 50 matches in the Solo Showdown mode will receive a unique virtual spray in the game as a reward.
What is the Difference Between Blitz Showdown & Solo Showdown for Fortnite?
The Solo Showdown limited time event was one of the most popular Fortnite LTE. After the event ended, most of the Fortnite fans wanted the developers to bring the LTE back.
However, the Solo Showdown LTE was not completely free from issues. So, the developers of the Fortnite decided to bring an updated version of the Solo Showdown LTE and renamed it as Blitz Showdown.
So, basically, the Blitz Showdown and Solo Showdown LTE’s for Fortnite are the same. The only difference is that the Blitz Showdown features more improvements in terms of player matching and allotment of scores to players in comparison to the Solo Showdown LTE.
How to Check Blitz Showdown Leaderboard –
The Blitz Showdown LTE winners are picked in the same manner as how the winners of Solo Showdown LTE was selected. The only difference is that now the scoring system is much better than before and in-game kills also count for points.
The Blitz Showdown winners are picked by server regions. Which means that there will top 100 players in every server regions, thus giving more players a chance to win.
After the Blitz Showdown LTE ends, the final leaderboard can be viewed on the official Epic Games website. If you wish to see the final Blitz Showdown Leaderboard, then click here to load the official leaderboard published on the Epic Games website.
Will there be More Showdown LTE for Fortnite?
The “Showdown” series of limited time events are one of the most enjoyed Fortnite game modes. The Showdown LTE modes give players a chance to show their might in playing the Fortnite game and also get rewarded for their performance.
The developers of the Fortnite game are very much impressed by the response to the Solo Showdown and Blitz Showdown limited time events, and they have confirmed that more Showdown limited time event modes will soon arrive for Fortnite.
In order to make each Showdown game mode interesting and challenging for the players, the developers of Fortnite regularly take feedback from gamers to make improvements and adjustments that can make the future Showdown game modes more interesting than the current ones.
Epic Games, the developers of Fortnite, are also experimenting on different game formats for Showdown events and is expected to bring team-based Showdown LTE for Fortnite soon.
Fortnite is also expected to get more mobile-oriented game modes as well, especially as Fortnite has now been released for Android and IOS.
You can also Check:
Did you find this article on how does Solo Showdown work informative? Then do share this article with others who love playing the Fortnite game to let them know more about how Solo Showdown for Fortnite works.