Many people in the computer market are earning good amount of money by just Installing windows on one’s system or machines. What if I tell you that you can do it yourself without calling any technician or spending a dime. This article focuses the guide on How to Install Windows 10 From USB.
Windows 10 is the latest operating system version from windows, and many people want it to be installed on their personal computers or laptops, but it requires a computer technician who will upgrade or install windows to their specific machine. And that might burn a hole in your pocket. So, what it the point of doing so?
People used to use CD or DVD’s in order to install windows in their specific machines, but now with the advancement of the technology, we can guide you that How to Install Windows 10 From USB drive or a pendrive. Most of the people have their personal pen drives which can be made bootable by following our guide. All you need is to follow the guide which we have provided.
Many people think that installation of Windows 10 from USB is a very big deal, but trust me it is not. Even kids of age 10 years old are doing it perfectly. Don’t worry. If you don’t know how to do that, we are here to assist.
Table of Contents
(Pro Guide) How to Install Windows 10 From USB
We have divided this How to Install Windows 10 From USB process into two easy parts so that it will be easier for you to understand that How to Install Windows 10 From USB on new PC.
Part 1: Steps for Creating Bootable Windows 10 USB
In this process, we will guide you about flashing the Windows 10 image file to your pendrive or USB drive.
Part 2: Steps for Installing Windows 10 From USB
In this process, we will guide you about the installation of windows 10 on your system or machine.
Prerequisites For Installing Windows 10 From USB Drive:
- A Working Machine/System With Windows 7 or above installed.
- USB Storage Device – Storage Devices Like Pen Drives, USB Card Reader is needed to do the process.
- Windows 10 System Installation Image – It can be downloaded from the Microsoft official website.
- Rufus – Software Which will be used to flash image on pendrive. You can download it from here.
1. Create Bootable Windows 10 USB –
How to Create Bootable USB using Media Creation Tool:
Media Creation Tools is the tool which is officially provided by Microsoft itself so that windows users can make their USB drive bootable. This tool is most trusted as this tool is provided by the manufacturer brand of windows itself. They need a genuine windows key which they will need to enter at the starting of the tool then follow the instructions prompted in order to make their pendrive or USB drive bootable. The whole guide about doing this stuff is written thoroughly by us, and you can have a look at it.
- Firstly open the Microsoft official Windows 10 Download page
- Under “Create Windows 10 installation media,” You will find a button related to downloading of media Creation tool, Click on the Download tool now button.
- After Downloading the tool, Run the tool, and you will get a page to accept terms. Click on acceptable terms in order to proceed next.
- After that, Select Create Installation Media (USB Flash Drive, DVD or ISO File) for another pc option and Click on Next Option.
- Now you will be prompted for selecting Language, Edition and Architecture. Choose the one you want accordingly and Click on next.
- Now Select the USB Drive and Click next button, you will be now be prompted to choose your USB drive. Select your USB drive from there and click next.
Now Media Creation tool will start downloading required files, and it will create your drive bootable. Since you have followed this step to make your USB drive bootable so you can skip the next step and directly proceed to installation step.
Even though there is the number of other tools available to make the pendrive bootable so that you can install windows to your system or machine, but those tools are not trustworthy enough, they may install harmful malicious softwares along with the installation of windows. So we are today with Rufus, this tool is trustworthy and got a high rating from various famous software reviewing websites. So let’s proceed to the guide of using Rufus.
How To Create Bootable Media using Rufus Tool:
- Firstly Download the Windows 10 System Installation Image. You can download it from the Microsoft official website, and they will first ask your serial key which you used on your previous windows installation. Serial Key Is a key which is located on your previous windows installation cd box. On entering the key, if it will be verified, then you will be proceeded to choose windows 10 editions. Choose what you like and click on download button present there and then Windows 10 Installation image will start downloading.
- Now Download Rufus from the link given above. After that Install and Run Rufus on your system/machine.
- Now you will find an option to add the image file. Select that option and select the image file you downloaded earlier. Now you will also find an option to choose USB drive. Select your drive from there and Click on the start button there.
Flashing process will take time so just wait till the whole process is completed.
Note: This will delete all your data from your USB drive so make sure to make the backup first.
- Now After the process is completed. Let’s proceed to our another part of this procedure.
2. Install Windows 10 From USB –
Installation of windows is the most difficult part from the point of a noob, but for an expert, it is the easiest one. You can become an expert from a noob by following our this How to Install Windows 10 From USB on new pc guide provided to you. We have used less technical terms so that if a person who doesn’t know anything about the installation of windows is reading our guide, then he can easily understand the whole process without facing any difficulties. So now without wasting much more time, let’s proceed to the How to Install Windows 10 From USB on new pc guide.
- Restart your computer with your USB drive plugged in and kept pressing ESC button on your keyboard till the boot menu appears. Select the USB from the boot menu, and after that, your system will start booting with USB.
- Now you will be asked to choose Language to install, the Time And Currency Format and Keyboard or input method. Choose the one with which you are comfortable and click on next.
- You will now see a screen with an Install Now button on the centre. Click on the button. After that, you will be presented with licence and terms, accept it and click on next.
- Now you will be asked for the type of installation you want. There will be two options :
- Upgrade: Choose this option if you are upgrading from an older windows version to the newer one. This will keep your files, settings etc. as it is and only windows will be upgraded.
- Custom Install: This will install fresh Windows 10 on your computer. This option will keep your files preserved but your settings etc. will be removed.
- Now you will be prompted to choose the hard disk partitions on which you want to install windows. Choose them carefully and click on next.
- Now Windows 10 will start installing. Wait till it gets installed it will take approximately 30 mins to 1 hour.
- After installation, your system will reboot, and you will be asked a few questions about your preferences.
Done! Now you will be moving to windows 10 desktop.
Congratulations! You have just successfully installed Windows 10 on your computer and understand that How to Install Windows 10 From USB on new pc. Wasn’t that easy?
So as you have installed Windows 10 on your system or machine, Now you can access to latest features of Windows 10 easily. Basically, you can install needy softwares like media players, web browsers etc. but don’t forget about Installing antivirus as it will protect you from harmful threats affecting your system. You should run a full system scan on first boot of your pc so that your pc could remain virus free.
You can also check:
We hope that after reading this How to Install Windows 10 From USB guide, you will surely be able to install Windows 10 on your computer using USB. We have done our best to guide you about How to Install Windows 10 From USB on new pc. We have done every possible thing to make the guide or How to Install Windows 10 From USB content error free, but if you got to know any error in content, then you can report it to us so that we can rectify it. If you have liked our content, then please share it among your friends so that they can also can to know about the installation of windows 10. If you are facing any problems or have any query then you are welcomed to comment, we will try to help you as soon as possible.