The Microsoft Windows Movie Maker for Windows 10 Operating System is a video editing software that is all about simplicity. There is no more straightforward way to combine your clips into a digital movie with the title, background music, transitions, and various effects. In the earlier versions, the Windows Movie Maker software was very straightforward that it was unable to do many things that people commonly wanted to do. But now, kinds of stuff like voice-over recording and anti-shake are included in the application, making it a handy app for digital video editing.
Table of Contents
Features of Microsoft Windows Movie Maker for Windows 10 OS:
- It is effortless to select and organize the photos and the videos that you want to use.
- With the Windows Movie Maker, adding texts, transitions, and effects is very easy. Change as much as you need or let the Movie Maker do that for you.
- Post your videos to your favorite sites, which include YouTube, Live SkyDrive, Facebook, and many others directly from the Microsoft Windows Movie Maker for Windows 10 Operating System.
System Requirements of Microsoft Windows Movie Maker for Windows 10 OS:
How to Install & Get Windows Movie Maker for Windows 10 Operating System
Here you will be to know the steps for how to get Microsoft Windows Movie Maker for Windows 10 Download and install free in Windows 10 OS (Operating System) PC.
- Open the browser and navigate to the link: microsoft.com/store/movie-maker-free-video-editor
- Click on the download button for downloading the setup file.
- Double click on the downloaded setup file windows-movie-maker.exe and then click Yes to let the setup package run.
- Now click Next button for continuing the Windows Movie Maker installation process. Select I accept the agreement to continue again. Please read the Microsoft License Agreement carefully before you agree with it.
- Now select the destination folder for installing the Microsoft Windows Movie Maker for Windows 10 Operating System. It is recommended to keep all the other settings as default and click on the Next button to allow the software to install.
- Finally, the option Launch Windows Movie Maker is checked by default. This will launch the Microsoft Windows Movie Maker for Windows 10 Operating System automatically after the installation process is complete. You can also uncheck this option if you would like to run the software later.
- Now you can make any videos with the Microsoft Windows Movie Maker as per your wish. So it’s time to enjoy the software!
Now let us take a look at the interior of the software.
The Microsoft Windows Movie Maker for Windows 10 Operating System uses a very simplified version of a standard video editor timeline with clips that are represented by large thumbnails. The thumbnail tracks optionally show you the audio waveform along the bottom; thus, you can see where the quiet and loud audio parts of your video lie. You can also trim or split any clip using the insertion point along with the edit buttons. It is quite easy if you can get used to the editing system used in this app. With any video editor, you can start and stop the playback with the spacebar, but the Microsoft Windows Movie Maker comes with three control buttons, the play/pause, the step back, and the forward one frame.
The thing that I like about the Microsoft Windows Movie Maker for Windows 10 Operating System is that most of its transitions, effects, and themes can preview automatically when you hover the mouse cursor over the buttons. The undo/redo buttons are right on top, which can be another plus point.
Import & Organize –
The easiest way for inserting video clips into the Microsoft Windows Movie Maker is by tapping on the Click here to browse for videos and photos button inside the main timeline area. You will also see a permanent Add videos and photos button on the Home tab. The buttons open up the Pictures library on your PC where the point and shoot videos mostly and when we import files from camera media. There is also an Import from Device choice within the File menu, which opens up the Windows photo/video importer. This actually does a decent job by allowing you to apply different keyword tags and save the images and clips in date and time organized folders.
After adding a clip into the Microsoft Windows Movie Maker for Windows 10 Operating System, you will see a clock icon on its timeline entry. This comes because the app actually creates a small shadow copy of the actual clip so that we can work faster in the editor than we could have with a full-resolution video.
Fancy Effects –
The Microsoft Windows Movie Maker surely offers us a slew of transition effects, and many of them are of high quality rather than being goofy. Along with the standard ones like dissolves and fades, you also get reveals, shatters, patterns, curls, sweeps, and much more. Under the visual effects tab, you will get artistic filters like Edge Detection (for a sketched look), Blur, Posterize, and Threshold, which gave a psychedelic and intensified the colorized look. One important thing about all these effects is that they are one button deals, and there is no option for adjusting their strength and other parameters.
The program’s home screen has an Add music button that allows you to use any MP3, M4A, WAV, OGG, WMA, or AIF files. You also have a choice to find music on the AudioMicro, Vimeo, and Free Music Archive. A few of the themes even ask you to add background music while you apply them. After adding some background tunes to your movie, you can click on the Music Tools tab and adjust its volume, fade in or fade out, and also set start and endpoints. Under the Project tab, you can also choose to emphasize the music, add video sound and voice narration, or none. Another option on the Project ribbon is Fit to Music, which is best used if your visual content is short. Voiceover narration is also straightforward to add when you tap the Record narration on the home screen. This appears as another waveform track right under the clip.
So it is time for you to try this excellent Microsoft Windows Movie Maker for Windows 10 Download application and do some awesome projects and have some fun with Microsoft Windows Movie Maker.
If you are facing any error while downloading it or trying Microsoft Windows Movie Maker for Windows 10 Download free for PC, then comment down that issue here in the below comment section.