Working on Windows Computer could be tricky and exhausting sometimes, especially when you’re working on a time-bound project that needs to be delivered on time. On one such instance, while working on a windows 7 computer, i was stuck with The program issued a command but the command length is incorrect Windows while trying to copy files to a drive. In this article, I’ll showcase the methods which i tried to fix this error message.
Table of Contents
- What is The Program Issued a Command but the Command Length is Incorrect Error?
- Causes of The Program Issued a Command but the Command Length is Incorrect Error:
- Types of The Program Issued a Command but the Command Length is Incorrect Error:
- How to Fix & Solve The Program Issued a Command but the Command Length is Incorrect Error Issue
- 1. Repair your Registry –
- 2. Go Back to Previous Operating System –
- 3. Run a Full System Scan –
- 4. Reboot your Server –
What is The Program Issued a Command but the Command Length is Incorrect Error?
This is an error message which could appear on your screen while trying to execute any command on a windows server, working on Registry, or working on the SQL server. This error may appear with one more extension, ERROR_BAD_LENGTH.
Causes of The Program Issued a Command but the Command Length is Incorrect Error:
As i mentioned earlier, the error is rare and doesn’t often occur on your computer. It could happen because of a Corrupted File or a missing DLL, SYS, EXE file. Other causes of this error are showcased below.
- Virus attack on your computer
- Malware slipped in your laptop
- Problem with the Updates
- Malfunctioning operating system
- Missing DLL, SYS, EXE file
- Corrupted Third-Party Software Installed
- Incompatibility in System Environment
- Damaged Files
- Windows Registry not working properly
Types of The Program Issued a Command but the Command Length is Incorrect Error:
The error is rare and doesn’t have many types. It could appear as ERROR_BAD_LENGTH, as well. Here are other types of error messages. If you’re getting this error while working on SQL then these are the environments that you can get the error in. Users have reported that while working on Virtual Windows Server 2008 R2, they get this error often.
- Service broker 24
- Error: 1474, Severity: 16, state: 1.
- SRV_P -Principal- Microsoft SQL Server 2014 â€“ 12.0.4422.0 (X64)
- SRV_W-witness- SQL SERVER 2008 R2
- SRV_M-Mirror- Microsoft SQL Server 2014 â€“ 12.0.4422.0 (X64)
How to Fix & Solve The Program Issued a Command but the Command Length is Incorrect Error Issue
The error doesn’t occur that often and has some regressive impacts on a windows computer. Good News is that there are solutions to this Error. The bad news is that the Solutions are limited. For everyone who’s affected by this problem may benefit from this article, so read it completely.
1. Repair your Registry –
The first and simplest way to fix the error message is to run a system registry repair for your computer. You can easily do this by following the steps provided below.
- Log into your windows computer
- Press Windows and Letter R at the Startup
- You will see a run box on the lower-left corner of your screen
- Type cmd and press Enter
- Type this Command
- Press Enter
- Reboot your Computer
*Note: Remember to Open Command Prompt in Administrator mode
2. Go Back to Previous Operating System –
If this problem persists, you can roll back to a previous version of OS. The Program Issued a Command but the Command Length is Incorrect Windows Error may have something to do with the current version of the Operating system, and hopefully, the previous version or update of windows will be bug-free. You can roll back to the creator’s release of Windows 10, as well.
3. Run a Full System Scan –
If the problem is related to Virus and Malware, then you can fix it by going through a scanning procedure on your Windows computer. This The Program Issued a Command but the Command Length is Incorrect Windows Method, however long, works for other System errors as well.
- Log into your windows computer
- Search for Windows Defender in Search box
- Open Windows Defender
- Scan your computer completely
- Reboot your computer
4. Reboot your Server –
As i mentioned earlier in this post, it happened on user’s computers attached to the virtual Windows Server 2008 R2 and SQL server as well. Many users have reported that rebooting their servers has helped them in eliminating this error message. You can use this method as it is the least time-consuming method.
So this was my take on The Program Issued a Command but the Command Length is Incorrect Windows error message.
I hope you liked and are satisfied with the solutions provided in this article. Let me know through the comment section any queries or suggestions. Have a nice day!