The Windows Installer Service Could Not Be AccessedÂ Windows PC is a prevalent error that we face while (1) installing a program in Windows Vista or Windows 7 is the Windows Installer Service Could Not Be Accessed error. Some users have also complained that they have faced this error even (2) while installing Office.
The main cause behind this prevailing problem is that Windows Installer files have been damaged or may be missing. Here we will look for The Windows Installer Service Could Not Be AccessedÂ solutions for both the cases.
This shows an error code message like,
The Windows Installer Service Could Not Be Accessed
Causes ofÂ The Windows Installer Service Could Not Be Accessed Windows PC Error Issue:
- Windows Installer not working
- Windows Installer is not correctly installed
- Windows Installer Service Error
You can also check:
- PS3 Emulator for Android
- Disable Xbox DVR
- YouTube Black Screen
- PS3 Emulator for PC
- Windows 10 Upgrade Stuck at 99%
Table of Contents
- How to Fix & SolveÂ The Windows Installer Service Could Not Be Accessed Windows OS (Operating System) PC Error Code Problem Issue
- Solution 1: Resetting the Windows Installer Service Settings from the Registry
- Solution 2: Starting Windows Installer Service
- Solution 3: Use Command Prompt to Un-register & Re-register the msiexec.exe File
- Solution 4: Re-registering the Windows Installer
How to Fix & SolveÂ The Windows Installer Service Could Not Be Accessed Windows OS (Operating System) PC Error Code Problem Issue
So here we are showing you some easy and quality solutions for you for fixing and solving this type ofÂ The Windows Installer Service Could Not Be Accessed Windows PC Error Issue.
Solution 1: Resetting the Windows Installer Service Settings from the Registry
Note: You should follow this step very carefully as if these steps are performed incorrectly, it can lead to other problems. Thus it is advisable to create a backup of the registry in case you face problem after using this The Windows Installer Service Could Not Be Accessed Error solution.
ForÂ resetting the Windows Installer Service settings from the registry, we will need to create a registry file with the help of the Notepad and then run this file for updating the registry key.
- Right-click anywhere on your desktop screen and click on â€˜Newâ€™ and then click on the text document.
- You can rename it temporarily with any name or leave it as it is and open the document.
- Now copy the text below and paste it into the
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\msiserver]
- ClickÂ on File and clickÂ on Save As. rename the file as reg
- In the Save as box choose All Files (*.*).
- In the Save in box choose Desktop and then click Save and close the file.
- Now right-clickÂ on the reg, and chooseÂ Run as administrator option. ClickÂ Continue if you are asked for confirmation.
- ClickÂ on Yes to allow the installation of the registry keys.
- Now restart the installation process of the program that showed The Windows Installer Service Could Not Be Accessed Windows 7 error before.
Solution 2: Starting Windows Installer Service
Follow these The Windows Installer Service Could Not Be Accessed Windows 10 PC Error Methods steps.
- ClickÂ on Start or Press Ctrl+R, and typeÂ CMDin the dialog box.
- Right clickÂ on the exeÂ and clickÂ Run as Administrator (in case you used the Start menu).
- Now typeÂ net start MSIServer here and then pressÂ â€˜‘
- Finally, restart the installation of the program that was showing the error.
Follow these The Windows Installer Service Could Not Be Accessed Windows 10 PC Error Guide steps toÂ check if the Windows Installer Service is working,
- ClickÂ on Start and typeÂ mscÂ inside theÂ SearchÂ box.
- ClickÂ on ServicesÂ under theÂ heading Programs.
- Inside theÂ Services(Local)list right-clickÂ on the Windows Installer, and chooseÂ Properties.
- Now in theÂ Startup typeÂ drop-down list, make sure to set the value toÂ Manual.
- Windows Installer Service will be running properly if theÂ Service status: entry is configured toÂ Running.
Solution 3: Use Command Prompt to Un-register & Re-register the msiexec.exe File
Inside the Search box type cmd and when the list of files appears, choose cmd and press enter.
Once the Command Prompt window starts, type the following and then press Enter.
The above give code will unregister the msiexec.exe file from the directory C:\Windows\system32.
Now type the following command and then press Enter again.
This code will register the msiexec.exe file again to the directory C:\Windows\system32.
Again type the following command and then press Enter.
This will unregister the msiexec.exe file from the directory C:\Windows\syswow64.
Finally, type the Given commands and then press Enter.
This will register the msiexec.exe file again in the directory C:\Windows\syswow64.
Close the Command Prompt and then restart your system. This should solve The Windows Installer Service Could Not Be Accessed Safe Mode problem regarding the installation of programs that use MSI installer files.
Again exit the Command Prompt and restart your system to get rid of The Windows Installer Service Could Not Be Accessed XP error.
Solution 4: Re-registering the Windows Installer
To re-register the Windows Installer, you should follow these The Windows Installer Service Could Not Be Accessed Windows 8 PC Error Tricks steps.
- Click on Start, and then click on Search.
- Click onÂ All files and folders and inside theÂ File name typeÂ Msiexec.exe and then click on Search.
- Once the search is complete, take note of the file location. The location must be similar to C:\Windows\System32.
- Close the search dialog box.
- Again, click on the Start button and then click onÂ Run.
- Inside theÂ Run, typeÂ regedit, and clickÂ OK.
- Now locate and click on the registry key below:
- On the right pane, double-click onÂ ImagePath.
- Inside theÂ Edit StringÂ dialog box, make sure that the path inside theÂ Value dataÂ box is similar to the path of the exe file which you determined in step 3.
Note:Â Here is an example of a correct path.
If thisÂ Value dataÂ box contains a different path from the correct path, then make possible changes to correct this path, and click OKÂ for closing theÂ Edit StringÂ dialog box.
- Now from theÂ FileÂ menu, click on ExitÂ to quit the Registry Editor.
- Now you have to restart your system in Safe Mode and for that first, shut down your system, followed by restarting your system.
- When your system restarts, press the F8 key on your keyboard to enter the boot menu.
- With the help of ARROW keys selectÂ Safe Mode. Press ENTER after you choose the safe mode.
- Now ifÂ BootÂ menu reappears, and “Safe Mode” appears at the bottom of the screen in blue then reselect the installation which you want to start and press ENTER.
- Once your system restarts, click on Start and then click Run. TypeÂ msiexec /regserverÂ inside the RunÂ box, and clickÂ OK.
- Finally, shut down your system, and restart it normally.
Now you should be too able to install the Microsoft Office successfully without any The Windows Installer Service Could Not Be Accessed Windows 7 problems and if not just comment below and we will help you through.
So these are our methods and guides for getting rid out of this type of The Windows Installer Service Could Not Be AccessedÂ Windows PC error problem. Hope these The Windows Installer Service Could Not Be AccessedÂ tips will be undoubtedly helpful for you.
- The Operating System is not Presently Configured to Run this Application
- Asus Smart Gesture Not Working
- One or More Network Protocols are Missing on this Computer
- This App Can’t Open
- YouTube Material Design
- Windows Checking for Updates
- Network Settings are Blocking Party Chat
If you are facing or getting any error while trying to fix The Windows Installer Service Could Not Be Accessed Windows PC IssueÂ then Comment down that issue here in the below comment section so that we can help you in that too.