The Missing Operating System Not Found Windows PC Error issue is one of the most annoying errors that you can encounter in your Windows device. So what is this error? Suppose you are starting up your computer, and instead of seeing the Windows logo, you get this weird black screen with the following Missing Operating System Not Found Windows message.
This shows an error code message like,
Missing Operating System Not Found Windows
And you are unable to log onto Windows. It is irritating. Let’s see what the prime causes behind this Missing Operating System Not Found error are. It can be either a Software error or a Hardware error. So, let’s get into more details.
Causes of Operating System Not Found Windows Error Issue:
Here we are listing down the probable reasons for the error of Missing Operating System Not Found Error:
- Due to Hard Disk error: You can see this Missing Operating System Not Found error when your HDD has got corrupted or has failed either logically or physically.
- Due to BIOS: BIOS is unable to detect your HDD or your BIOS settings are incorrect,
- Windows Master Boot Record (MBR), which is located on the Hard Disk, has either got corrupted or damaged.
- The partition saving the Windows log files is inaccessible.
These were the probable reasons or causes behind the error Operating System Not Found Windows. There are also a few others. But, fortunately, we also have working solutions to fix this error. So, now, let’s know how to work around this error.
How to Fix & Solve Operating System Not Found Windows Error Issue
As we have already seen, multiple issues lead to this Missing Operating System Not Found Windows error. Most users are unaware of where to even start for error checking. You can start with the hardware and then move onto software issues. Fortunately, we are giving you the correct steps in the right order so as to save your time, money, and energy for getting rid of Operating System Not Found error.
1. Whether the BIOS Detect your Hard drive or Not –
On the off-chance that BIOS doesn’t perceive the system drive, it can’t be utilized for reading/write operations. Therefore, all records, including Windows OS saved on your disk, will be unavailable. On the off-chance that you made tidy clean, or your PC endured substantial stun before the Missing Operating System not Found Windows 10 error shows up, it is essential to check whether BIOS identifies the hard circle. Point by point steps are as per the following:
- Begin the PC and press a predefined key to enter BIOS. It is F2, F10, Del However, different PCs or motherboards require different keys, so you would do well to seek on the web, or you can counsel your PC producer to get the right key.
- In BIOS, please discover these or similar things: IDE Primary Master, IDE Primary Slave, IDE Secondary Master, etc.
- The important point is that, if no disk is displayed (shown as “None” or “Not Detected”), we can assume that BIOS is unable to detect the Error Operating System Not Found Windows 10 error. In that case, different users can take various measures
- If you are fit for taking out the hard disk and afterward connecting it accurately, please stop from BIOS and power off your At that point, dismantle PC and re-connect hard drive relentlessly. Assuming the Missing Operating System blunder shows up because of flimsy association, the hard circle would come in BIOS again after reconnection, and after that, Windows may be bootable.
- Be that as it may, once in a while the objective hard disk is as yet undetectable even though we have done reconnection, and there is 2 major Missing Operating System Not Found Sony Vaio error causes: either the drive interface is forbidden, or there has been major harm to your hard disk.
- To manage this sort of circumstance, please highlight the choice for the hard drive and press on entering. At that point, pick “Auto” when there is such an alternative. On the off-chance that your hard disk is additionally imperceptible in BIOS after we chose “Auto,” it might have significant issues, and you would do well to send it to repair or for substitution.
All things considered, regardless of the possibility that BIOS has recognized the hard circle, we may get 2 distinct outcomes: Windows begins up effectively, or Windows is as yet unbootable. On the off-chance that you get the second outcome tragically, please repeat the steps of the 2nd Missing Operating System Not Found Solution to test the hard drive and see whether it has similar failures or not.
2. Checking Hard Disk Failure –
On some motherboards, there is a utility tool, called diagnostic tool to check your hard disk errors. The steps for fixing Missing Operating System Not Found Error is:
- Enter BIOS just like we discussed in step-1.
- Now Test your HDD.
- If any test fails, contact your manufacturer
- But make sure always to back up your data to prevent data loss.
If this step fails, move onto step 3.
3. Setting BIOS to Default State –
Incorrect BIOS settings can sometimes be the reason for this Error Operating System Not Found Acer error message. If no error has been found on the HDD when scanned in the previous step, follow this step for correcting BIOS settings. The steps are:
- Restart your PC and enter BIOS.
- Then Enable the default setup option.
- Next, press F10 to save your changes and quit BIOS.
If this step also has not solved the Missing Operating System Not Found Vaio error, then maybe there is some issue with the MBR. Go to step 4 to check that.
4. Rebuilding the Master Boot Record –
Both mixed up operation and virus assault may leave the MBR harmed. When this unique boot code (situated in the principal division of a hard disk) is damaged, Windows won’t begin. Well, at that point, how might we settle or revamp MBR without a stacking framework? Clients can swing to these 3 devices: Windows establishment CD/DVD, and Windows repair plate.
Reconstruct MBR with Windows Installation Disk or Repair Disk:
If you are utilizing Windows establishment plate, begin PC with it to get Language select interface, at that point, make selections, and snap “Next” to proceed.
- Choose “Repair your computer.” After that, select a system to restore and click.”
- Choose either “Startup Repair” or “Command Prompt” to make a recovery.
- In the above window, you can also type “bootrec /fixmbr” in order to fix only the MBR, but you can also type “bootrec /fixboot” and “bootrec /rebuildbcd” alternatively to do more repairs.
- Now your windows will be operable
Presently, all answers for Missing Operating System or Missing Operating System Not Found Windows 10 errors have been discussed. If one or some of these resolutions have ended up being valuable for you, please share this Missing Operating System Not Found Windows 8 post to other people who have similar inconveniences.
On the off-chance that every one of these arrangements doesn’t work to your circumstance, the Missing Operating System Not Found Windows 10 issue could be very genuine, and you may need to reinstall Windows or contact your PC producer or hard disk maker for further help.