While working on a windows computer, a user may face tbia The Data Is Invalid Windows Error. This error pops up on your desktop while you’ve recently installed an update for your Windows PC or just loaded a new Software/ App or it. The first thing to remember is that you’re not alone who’s faced this problem. Secondly, I have listed the best solution that fixes this The Data Is Invalid error from the very core of your database and doesn’t impact your work in the future.
This shows an error code message like,
Table of Contents
- What is The Data Is Invalid Windows Error?
- Causes of The Data Is Invalid Windows Error:
- Types of The Data Is Invalid Windows Error:
- How to Fix & Solve The Data Is Invalid Windows Error Issue
- 1. Start the Update TroubleShooter –
- 2. Run the System Scan –
- 3. Download Update from Microsoft Updates Catalog –
- 4. Download the Microsoft System Update Readiness Tool –
- 5. Turn Off Antivirus –
What is The Data Is Invalid Windows Error?
While loading a new app or installing new software, you may need to pay attention to the background reaction of that program on your computer. Even with a recently installed update could lead up an error message on your screen that says tbia The Data Is Invalid Windows. The error codes associated with this Error are Error 13 and Error 13 OXD.
Causes of The Data Is Invalid Windows Error:
Many reasons could trigger this error message. Here I’m listing the possible causes of tbia The Data Is Invalid Windows error.
- New update on your computer
- Third-party software installed on the computer
- Broken Files or folder
- Corrupted Files or Folders
- Issues with Software Distribution folder
- Damaged Catalog (.cat) file
- Update.exe corrupted
Types of The Data Is Invalid Windows Error:
On some rare occasions, you may notice an error occurred during the installation of the device tbia the data is invalid Windows error pop up. It might happen while you’re trying to install the software. There are several other instances when you can face this error. I’m listing other types of error messages which could look different but have a common solution.
- Apply image error 13 the data is invalid
- Dism apply image error 13 the data is invalid
How to Fix & Solve The Data Is Invalid Windows Error Issue
When you get tbia The Data Is Invalid Windows error, you should know that it has something to do with the Software distribution of your computer. As long as you follow these steps, you need not worry about this error.
1. Start the Update TroubleShooter –
An essential method to fix The Data Is Invalid Windows 10 error is Update your computer correctly. This step is only helpful when you get this error because of a recent update that you have installed on your computer while staying off the internet. A working internet connection is required for most of the updates to be installed correctly on your computer.
- Type updates in Search box
- Open updates page on the windows screen
- On the lower-left corner, you’ll see Troubleshooter
- Click on the troubleshooter
- Choose the relevant options and run the troubleshooting steps
2. Run the System Scan –
Windows comes with an inbuilt Scanning system that works for both software and system issue. Here I’ll show you how you can run the system scanning and repairing tool using a simple command on the command prompt.
- Log into windows
- Type Command prompt in Search Box
- Run as administrator
- Type this command
- Press Enter
This tbia The Data Is Invalid step usually takes 15-20 minutes. Follow the instructions and restart your computer once done.
3. Download Update from Microsoft Updates Catalog –
Microsoft company provides a free and open resource website from where you can download any Update by merely typing the KB file name in the search box. So you can get rid of this an error occurred during the installation of the device The Data Is Invalid error.
- Go to Microsoft Updates Catalog Website
- Search for the kb file that displays in the error message
- Download the Kb file
- Run the Kb file
- restart your computer
4. Download the Microsoft System Update Readiness Tool –
Microsoft helps the users with their apply image error 13 The Data Is Invalid errors related to updating by providing a free to use DISM or System Update Readiness Tool. You can quickly get the DISM tool working on your computer without visiting any website and directly from the command prompt of your computer.
- First, search Command Prompt in Search Box
- Open the Command Prompt in Administrator Mode
- Type this command
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- Press Enter
*Note: DISM uses the internet to correct the Windows Updates. If the Client Link is broken, you might not get the correct results. In that case, Type this command.
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:C:RepairSourceWindows /LimitAccess
- Now Replace the C/RepairSourceWindows Placeholder with the location of your repair source
- Type this command in command prompt
- Hit Enter and wait for the Scan to Complete
5. Turn Off Antivirus –
Sometimes a Third-Party Antivirus may deactivate or stop updates from working correctly, taking them as a virus. To prevent this from happening, you need to Turn off the Antivirus for some time and start the updates again. You can quickly shut down the Antivirus and turn it back on once the updates are finished. So you can get back from this Tbia The Data Is Invalid problem.
- Open the Antivirus from Start tab
- Disable it
- Search for Updates in Search box
- Download the Updates
- Install the updates
- Restart the Computer
Finally, this was my take on tbia The data is Invalid Windows error. If you face any challenge in following these steps, comment below and let me know.
Share this tbia The Data Is Invalid Windows article with your friends who go through the same issue and have a beautiful day!